“This hotel is now a Quality Inn”

Quality Inn Midland
Ranked #29 of 45 Hotels in Midland
North Carolina
“This hotel is now a Quality Inn”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Please make note when you make reservations that this hotel, once a Comfort Inn, is now a Quality Inn. The Trip Advisor staff should note this also. When I told the desk clerk that I was not able to rate it because I could not find it, she told me that the hotel was previously a Comfort Inn.

We had searched for a hotel that wasn't charging exorbitant rates, and this was it. Because of the oil business, the hotels in Midland and Odessa are charging outrageous prices, even for basic three-star hotels. They have a sign at the check-in desk that informs guests that they have decided not to overcharge guests, but to maintain reasonably priced rooms.

I have read the reviews of this hotel. I was surprised. I am a frequent guest in hotels, and I would have to say that I had a great experience in it! Here is my run-down:

Comfort: Grade A. The towels were delightfully fluffy and soft. I had never felt such wonderful towels in a chain hotel before. The bed was very comfortable, as were the sheets. The pillows were heavenly.

Hospitality of employees: Grade A. They gave us a goody bag when we checked in. They were friendly and helpful.

Decor: Grade A. The room decor was attractive and in good condition.

Mechanical/Functional: Grade A. Sink and tub drained properly. Air-conditioning functioned well. Internet speed was good.

Cleanliness: Grade A. The room was clean. No signs of dirt or dust in any area of the room.

I recommend this hotel to those visiting in the area. It is cheaper than the others, and it really isn't as bad as some describe here. (I'm picky.).

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Roger B, General Manager at Quality Inn Midland, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The name change is complete and we plan to offer the same comforts that our guest have come to enjoy. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Avg hotel. Situated right off of the freeway, but the locations is not that great for being close to anything. The hotel was clean, the staff was average, front desk clerk did point out all the freebies that came with the room, Hotel rates are extremely high in the Midland/Odessa area, so while the Comfort Inn price may seem pretty high for the room you are getting.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Since we were Choice Hotels members, we were given a little "goodie bag" when we checked in, and told about the complementary ice cream, cookies, coffee and tea. The front desk had good recommendations for dining and were very helpful in giving us directions. The breakfast was good, with eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy, which my husband said was very good. All in all a pleasant one night stay.

Room Tip: Although our room faced the busy interstate, we heard very little traffic noise, so I think any room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IndyGoldie60
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The two of us thoroughly enjoyed our overnight at the Comfort Inn in Midland. The area is pricey. There were nice free extras: coffee and/or tea, cookies, and ice cream. The breakfast was fine. We were extremely satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My stay was awesome! Beds/room clean and cozy. The only thing I would say is that the eggs are powdered and I love real eggs! Other than that it was great! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants the lower rate to not reflect poor service.

• Stayed December 2012
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in worse. It wasn't bad but it wasn't the best place. Although I had a jacuzzi tub I didn't use it. I'm going to bet they don't clean the jets out. It just is a old hotel with little pride with outside appearance. At the price they are charging it isn't worth the price!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

it has its faults. The room was decent but bathroom was small. Didnt have a fresh smell. Sheers covering the windows, lights from outside very disturbing. Door leading to outside had a gap at the bottom, could hear & see people walking out in the hall. Desk chair squeaked everytime someone was sitting in it and they moved. Swim area was ok but could use work.Only chose to stay here to see in-laws flying in from California for one night and was one of the cheapest that should have been way nicer than actually was. Very overpriced. Will never stay here again. The only good thing was breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Roger B, General Manager at Quality Inn Midland, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear CUscilka,
Thank you for the reveiw on your recent stay in Mdland. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. i'm sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your review with my staff and we have made improvements in the areas you mention. I hope you had a nice visit with your in-laws and I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast. Please reconsider staying with us again should you have the opportunity to travel to Midland.
At Your Service, Roger