“ok for a one night”

Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Midland
East Camden
“ok for a one night”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Rooms were clean & the breakfast was a typical breakfast you get at every hotel. I more likely to see if a place is decent and clean for me to stay and this was one of them. I wouldn't mind traveling here again, which i don't know when that will be. It easy access to highway and restaurants around the area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
tucson
Reviewed 27 November 2012

CLEAN Property and was intially impressed.. No internet the whole stay.. Need it for my job. While at breakfast, housekeeping entered the room and removed towels only, eventhough the privacy tag was on the door. When I got back, noticed a jewelry bag missing, not of value, but sentimentally valuable. reported it to a rude front desk clerk who said she would let manager know and she would get back to me. That night checked with front desk and was told the manager was not in and would be there tomorrow to look at tape.. I told this lady ( a pregnant black lady who was super super nice and knew what customer service was), that it was not acceptable that nothing had been done and now my stuff was gone, She called the manager who i ended up speaking with. She was rude rude rude... She told me she wasnt in today and that she had NO intention of coming in and that she would review the security tapes tomorrow. I told her that I just wanted my stuff back and now it was gone because it had been a whole day. She told me in so many words that her staff had been there for three years and NOTHING had ever shown up missing. I told her that she was nieve for thinking it could not happen and she told me she didnt believe me. She said that she would get back to me after reviewing the tapes but today is Nov 27 (talked to her on Nov 24) and still have not received a call or followup.. I did call Midland Police dept and reported this incident, (btw, The officer was super friendly).. Upon check out the lady that I had originally reported the incident to, was rude and rolled her eyes at me... wow what ever happened to customer service... ???? I guess i can kiss my property goodbye, and they could care less. wouldnt stay there again EVER....

Room Tip: save your money and valuables dont go there
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Midland, TX we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We thank you for bringing these things to our attention, and apologize for the concerns mentioned. We ask that you contact us via our website so we may discuss this further.
Hutsonville, IL
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We checked in here today and were very impressed with the appearance, cleanliness, friendliness of the staff etc. But, after settling into our room, we could not get any internet service although free internet as one of the reasons we specifically picked this hotel (we have been in a remote spot in TX for a week and knew we would need to cach up on several things). We called the prominently displayed "HELP Service" number several times with no answer, left messages, no call was ever returned. We contacted the front desk several times, they said there was nothing they could do. VERY unhappy with Country Inn & Suites and the total unresponsiveness to their lack of service. We won't be back.

Room Tip: Try another hotel, ha ha.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki M
Carlson Hotels C, at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Missouri
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This is a great hotel- particularly for a town overrun by the oil boom. HOWEVER- it is listed here on Trip Advisor as Pet Friendly and it IS NOT. BE AWARE.

We found the staff and service to be EXCELLENT. Breakfast was great, coffee good and overall would stay here again. Better than even the "Big Name" hotels downtown.

Room Tip: The beds feel wonderful for about 1.5 hours- then they are pretty hard the rest of the night.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, TX we thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. We thank you for your compliments and apologize about s concerns mentioned. We appreciate the feedback in regards to our wi-fi tech support ,and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel, which will help give better services to our guests.
Please visit us again, and we will make every effort to meet or exceed your expectations.
West Texas USA
Reviewed 23 September 2012

On a previous visit the staff was great. This time, not so much. I was asked for a credit card for "incidentals." I gave them my debit card. (The room was paid by my employer). The clerk put the entire week's charge on my debit card! This tied up a considerable amount of money in my bank account. I had a lot of trouble getting this fixed, and no one seemed to care or to even be able to understand the difference between a credit card or debit card! I was told several times "Your card has not been charged yet." Well, if you use a debit card, that amount of money is not available for your use! It finally took intervention from my employer to get resolution, and I definitely will not stay here again (nor will anyone else from my company). The hotel was clean and comfortable and breakfast was good but the staff, not so much!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Midland, TX we thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our hotel. Please be assured this does not happen often, and although it does not change what happen we sincerely apologize as we know this caused frustration. We appreciate your Please do not let this leave a sour taste for our hotel. We hope you visit us again, and we will make every effort to exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

I'm not sure if I caught them on a bad day but the lady at the front desk was extremely rude. She tried her best not to honor my reservation from Expedia. So much so that I had to have Expedia call her to do so. Keep in mind I'm a father with his 3 daughters trying to find the safest place to sleep for the night. To stressful of a check-in for a room I prepaid $160 for. I'd recommend driving another 1hr east where there are better options.

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Midland, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
I am sorry for your inconvenience at the hotel. Please send me your reservation information (First & Last Name, and Date) and best form of contact information. I will do some research on the matter, and contact you as soon as possible with a resolution. Again, I am sorry for your experience at my hotel.
You may email me at cx_mitx@countryinns.com
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 26 March 2012

It was hard to pay the rate for this hotel when it seemed to be pretty basic. However, the staff was wonderful, it was clean, breakfast was great, and the area seemed to have a lot of dives that would be scary to stay in so we were thankful to have this. I would stay here again. Very kid friendly and close to Starbucks and Walmart. No major traffic, bright lights, or things to keep you up at night.

Room Tip: Thier was a room right next to the main stairway. I would ask to not have that room or the one next...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family