“Dissappointing Lunch”

Cancun Grill
Ranked #4 of 291 Restaurants in Midland
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cancun Bar & Grill Restaurant, Midland, Texas; website 223 West Wall St.
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Ate lunch at Cancun Grill yesterday. Looked forward to a delicious and fulfilling meal. First, had to wait to even be acknowledged by the host. Ordered the steak sandwich, which was not at all what I expected. The steak was prepared like fajitas, which was fine. The problem was the bun which was saturated with oil or butter; it was very greasy. Served with French fries, this was not a good combination. I also ordered hot tea, but the water was tepid and did not brew the tea. The restaurant was very loud and service was rushed.

There are newer reviews for Cancun Grill

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Don't believe the people that posted negative comments. Like other people said, it's not typical Mexican, it's sophisticated, healthy sides. Plus they have the best service in town!! Perhaps the negative comments came from people expecting Rosa's type cuisine.

Margaritas are the best in town. Freshly squeezed lime juice (no margarita mix I don't know what another poster was talking about). Sope Steak is my wife's favorite. I try to order something different every time. I'm never disappointed.

1  Thank Elsolis2008
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Cancun Grill offers a wide variety of mexican dishes. Everything from the beef tenderloin salad to Cancun Bistro and their corn queso is amazing! It is a good place to go at both lunch and dinner. I have never been disappointed with their food. It is also located conveniently in downtown Midland.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had supper here based on a friend's recommendation. Being downtown parking tends to be an issue. At best the food was average. Wife had fish tacos which she enjoyed but my fajita meat lacked in flavor. The reason I marked this place low was based on the service. The restaurant was not very busy yet the service was very poor. She never would return to fill up our glasses. When it came time to check out we paid with cash just so we would have to wait on her for the credit card.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Was recommended to Cancun Grill and how wonderful it is. Good service but the food was very average and very bland. It reminded me of the boring Mexi-Cali food you get in California. The food was just bland, no spice or life to it. Doubt I will go back.