“Wonderful presentation of history”

American Airpower Heritage Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The American Airpower Heritage Museum is closed.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I've been to the musuem many times. While some of the displays remain the same, they are very good at adding new displays to the mix. The panes you see vary each time as they rotate in and out to their "home bases". The actual nose art from WWII planes is great. The staff is very firendly and helpful. Their annual air show is amazing.

1  Thank Marsha D

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Even if you don't like old planes you will like this. the only flying B-29 left in existance and the others are a very cool experience.

1  Thank aggietraveler1976
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This is great for any male specimen young, old, or in between. Many old planes with funky art on them. It's a cool place for a few Instagram pics

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The 33 piece nose art display (all original B-17 and B-24 aircraft sections) are simply amazing and well worth the admission price! They also have a nice display on President Bush's (41) time in the U.S. Navy. I particularly liked how they created a room that made you feel like you were on his ship and in his TBM Avenger. Lots of other great WWII displays too. I would have liked to see a few more aircraft as others have mentioned in their reviews, but we went for the nose art alone. There were a few additional aircraft (F-111, F-14) that look like they need to be restored before displaying them in the hanger. I definitely recommend this museum for WWII and nose art fans.

Lastly, I'd like to recommend that this location be updated in TripAdvisor to include a reference to the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) as I had a tough time finding it to write my review and that means others might miss it looking for these reviews.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We enjoyed the Nose Art exhibit and the George Bush Rescue video footage. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would have liked to see more airplanes on site. It is a lovely tribute.
Parking accommodated our Motor Home.