“Needs some routine maintenance” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Midland
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Needs some routine maintenance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We spent a few nights at this hotel and if this were my first experience with this brand, I wouldn't give them another chance. We have stayed in others of this brand and liked it very much. The problem this time, though, was the overall condition of the property. The floor tiles in the bathroom are cracked, the tub needs refurbishment, the overall cleanliness and attention to detail that I expect weren't there. The staff was friendly, but they weren't hustling to keep the breakfast room tables wiped or the trash emptied. We found left-over shampoo bottles in the shower when we checked in, the window had smudges on it (I left a note asking for it to be cleaned and it wasn't), the desk drawer needed to be wiped out. They did advertise that they were hiring all staff positions so they must be shorthanded, but I wasn't impressed. We couldn't get HBO or some other channels we wanted for the duration of our visit. Overall, not too great. Next time in Midland, we will pick another hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
      Location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kyle W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Don't plan on renting movies on their old TV's( from the 80's?) because their old system doesn't allow the movie to come through. Really don't understand why so many hotels these days refuse to update their old fashioned TV's that have horrible speakers and don't work well. At $100 a night I would expect more.

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lunacy1952
Carlsbad, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stopped here on business for one night. As with all hotels in this town, they are all overpriced and aren't willing to negotiate the rate, but this is a fairly new hotel with clean rooms, a friendly staff, and in a pretty good location which made me feel safe. It is on a one-way "loop" which my GPS didn't recognize, so it took me a few times to get into the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

I have stayed at this particular hotel several times, with the last time, a few weeks ago.

I enjoy this brand, and I was not dissapointed. When I entered I am greeted by the front desk staff regardless of the time. They are not too busy to check me in fast, and always offer me a glass of water or candy. Often, all the chocolate chip cookies are already gone from the tray they have set out for their guests.

During my last stay, I enjoyed a clean and quiet room. The bed was very comfortable and led me to fall sleep fairly quickly.

This hotel is very well located on the North Loop and only a short drive from a mall and movie theaters are within walking distance, which I enjoy. It is also easy to find. On the West side of Midland, it's close to the airport, not more than 15-20 minutes.

I liked the hot breakfast buffet and the newspaper at my door every morning.

I will definitely stay here again!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

Typical Hampton experience (good). Nice front desk staff. Clean rooms and safe area. Availability was surprising good (considering the rooms are typically full in the area). I would recommend.

1 Thank jblano
birmingham, alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2011

Overall, it was a very enjoyable trip to the Hampton Inn Midland. We stayed during an ASA National softball tournament, and I would say half of the hotel was filled with softball teams and families.

The complimentary breakfast was so convenient, and there was always plenty to eat.

The rooms are very comfortable, housekeeping was very thorough, and the staff was very helpful.

The only down side was that on the night before we were to leave, the boiler broke, so we had no hot water, and had to move to another hotel. The manager was very accommodating and helped us locate a hotel quickly. I know that was beyond their control, so even though it is a downside, I would definitely stay there again IF I ever have to go to Midland again!

The pool is a little on the cold side. You would think with it being 100F and above, that the pool would be warm. NO!

Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

On a recent business trip to Midland , TX I stayed at the Hampton Inn on the loop. The hotel was clean, quiet, and comfortable. Front desk folks were very helpful and courteous, and the breakfast was better than average with good choices of fruit, yoogurt, cereal breads, eggs, bacon/sausage, fresh coffees, teas, juices, waffles. Room was very comfortable. The bed was great. Price (Govmt rate)was a little higher than expected, but good for Midland as every room in town was sold out.