“The Black Hole” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Midland
GreenLeadersBronze level
“The Black Hole”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

First I will say that I travel A LOT and I am a Diamond member of Hilton Honors Program so I do have expectations at each Hampton or Hilton property. I stay with Hilton because I always have a good experience. That being said, I am calling this property the black hole for two reasons. Number one, because the hole you fall into when laying on the mattress. At first it wasn't terrible but by the middle of the night it is ridiculous. I woke up with back pain because of the terrible quality. I also had crumbs or something in the floor next to the bed where it was not vacuumed do the bedding was dragging the nasty floor. The reason I call this a Black hole is because of all the black oil, highway robbery going on in Midland and Odessa. Extremely expensive, in fact more expensive to stay here at this property then it was to stay at a 5 star property on Kauai Island when I recently visited Hawaii! I have even stayed at Hampton Inns where they served a decent evening Managers reception for 1/3 of the price and this property does absolutely NOTHING because they do not have to. In fact they are booked every night due to the oil boom and if you don't like it ... You can stay in another city.
I must say the young lady at the front desks name was Miracle... She was a VERY nice lady and because of her and the sheer fact that I had nowhere else to go, I did not complain... Would not have done any good and would have ruined her day. She was over the top nice and polite!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ROTCA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations by far, especially for Midland.

Pros:
Location: Close to bars and restaurants.
Rooms: Clean, modern, and spacious.
Cons:
Front Desk: Took the worker about 10 minutes to check me in when there was no line. Could only get me 2 Queens when I booked a king months back (I am also HH Diamond). With the room switch I was given the incorrect rate, which the front desk fixed the next morning without too much fuss.

Despite sub par performance at the front desk when I checked in, I enjoyed my stay here and would book this hotel again next time I come to Midland.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

We traveled to Midland for a USTA Jr. Tennis Team Tournament. Our matches were located at the Bush Tennis Center which was very convenient to the hotel. The breakfast room was under construction and breakfast was served from a meeting room, but still typical of breakfast at a Hampton. Experience was consistent with expectations for a Hampton. Clean. Convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Laguna Niguel, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Drove from California to Alabama and stopped at this Hampton. Outside of hotel nothing spectacular but I was very surprised by how nice the inside was. Very nice customer service upon arrival. Room was big, lots of space to do business if needed. My only issue is the carpets both inside my room and outside in hallway were not vacuumed well. The floors were also dirty in the bathroom. Also should spend some $ to clean carpet spots near doorways. Bed was comfortable. Price was higher than I expected but overall I'd still recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I ONLY stay in Hilton properties - namely Hampton.

The staff is top notch, the typical Hamptonality that you expect when you check in. Wonderful caring and endearing.

I know there's an oil boom in midland, but this place is way overpriced for what it is. The beds need to be replaced. I'm glad I was only here one night, I doubt I would stay here again unless I absolutely had to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank brycek17
San Antonio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overal, a pretty good Hampton, except the mattresses need replacement. With the oil boom and all, it is hard to believet that Hotels in Midland have gotten so expensive. The AC circulation system is the type that is mounted on an outside wall so if this type of noise bothers you then stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Michael L
midland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed in many other hotels in Midland Texas and finally found this one that I would tell others to stay at. The price is comparable to the area, but still a little too high. I would like to stay in a suite next time to see that type of room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business