“wonderful rooms!”

SpringHill Suites Midland Odessa
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I and our 14 month old stayed here for 5 days. We stayed in a 2 queen bed suite. The room was very modern looking and well designed. Great use of space. The hotel provided a portable crib and gave us a gift bag for my son. The hotel was quiet and lovely. The pool was attractive and fun. The full breakfast every morning had delicious healthy options. My only complaints were that the front desk staff kept billing us wrong and we had to keep correcting the bill. The staff didn't seem well trained for billing guests. Also if we happened to be in our room when housekeeping came by, our room would not get cleaned that day. Other than that we enjoyed our very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sammy7423
Jamie W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Midland Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your great comments about our hotel! I can ensure you that I will share your comments with the staff so we can work on correcting these issues! If you need anything further please do not hesitate to contact me at 432-695-6870

Jamie Wargo

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We arrived at this brand new hotel and we were expecting great things! We arrived at front desk and there was no one to be found and no way of attracting anyone. Eventually someone arrived! Bad nights sleep, fans in bathroom kept me awake and also light from room door. Breakfast was also disappointing, little choice and very plastic & paper plate - no fineries!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie W, Manager at SpringHill Suites Midland Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thanks for the valuable feedback, we will take all reviews seriously to ensure nobody else experiences these disappointments! I do sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered and can assure you I will address them personally.

Thank you!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed in a two queen sized bed hotel and everything was according to what was described in their layout. Very clean! It's very spacious and nice. The only thing that lacks is an exhaust fan which is the only con. It's only minor but it gets stinky in there and comes out to the room so the only way to prevent that is to keep the doors closed but the smell will be trapped in their for the next person going in. Other than that the breakfast buffet had a very nice variety of food and drinks. The pool was beautiful but was a little dirty but a little dirt doesn't hurt. The jacuzzi was nice and spacious and the patio is neat. The bar is nice but the bartender was EXTREMELY rude. She doesn't know how to mix/make drinks and will not engage in a conversation and had a very snobby attitude. She addresses as and asked "what do you want?" Yes, she got to me and spoiled my day. Don't expect any staffs to greet you here. They don't. As long as you're looking for a place to stay and sleep and not care for anyone, this place is perfect for you.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thanks for the valuable feedback, and I apologize that the service was not up to your standards or ours! I can assure you that this is not a normal comment we receive and I will ensure you that I will pass on the words to the persons that participated in this bad service! If there's anything further I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed there from 5/25-27. We loved it! The room was extremely clean (which is my # 1 priority), very modern,smart and yet it gave a feeling of being at home; it was comfortable. They offer complementary breakfast, which was great for our budget.The rate was reasonable, compared to the other hotels in Midland. The staff were all professional and accommodating, including house keeping. Our housekeeper was an Asian woman and I regret not getting her name.She was so sweet and made sure that we had everything required. A special thanks to Nick who did not hesitate to assist me and my hubby with a special request. I did not want to leave the hotel! This will be my choice of hotel when I visit the Midland area. You will not regret your stay there. Good luck to you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Belle W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderful stay- spotless, quiet, extremely comfortable. Employees were very friendly and accommodating, delicious hot breakfast. I will stay here again- lots of bang for the buck!! I felt pampered, and while the service was attentive, it wasn't overbearing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thanks for the valuable feedback, we really appreciate your response! Please come stay again soon!!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our family stayed here for a junior tennis tournament, and it was wonderful. The layout of the rooms is PERFECT for families with a walk-in closet in between the "water closet" with the toilet and a small sink on one side, and the shower/tub and larger sink on the other side. This separation in the layout is great for families as one person can still use the toilet or sink in the side while someone else is taking a shower in the other side. In addition, there was another front "living" area with a desk, couch, and refrigerator/microwave area. It was the most efficient and effective use of space I've seen in a hotel. Also, the bar and outside sitting area was terrific for the parents to relax and the kids loved the pool.

Room Tip: Room 305 had the room layout described above in the review with two queen beds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LavonneGR
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here Saturday night because I was attending a rockhounds baseball game. The hotel is in in okay location if you are going to a baseball game but other than that not much else around. The front desk agent was not the friendliest guy so i think I would have given a better rating had the front desk agent been nicer. He just seemed like he just wanted to hurry up and check me in and get it over with. The breakfast lady was very nice on the other hand. I was disappointed with the breakfast. Not much selection at all. The breakfast at the Residence Inn in Midland and even the Fairfield Inn Odessa have so much more breakfast options. As for the rooms themselves, well they were nice and quiet. Not the best cleaned. I found popcorn under the desk and near the couch. Looks like housekeeping forgot the vacuum.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie W, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Midland Odessa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay with us. I sincerely regret to read that your experience fell far below your expectations, and ours. On behalf of the team, I would like to apologize for not providing you with adequate service, leaving debris on the carpet in your room, and not having enough selection in our complimentary breakfast offering. Your feedback is very important to us and will be used to ensure that nobody has this same experience again. I sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to properly serve you in the near future should your travels bring you back to Midland, TX.

Jamie Wargo