“Excellent but for the bar”

Hilton Garden Inn Midland
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent but for the bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We only stayed overnight. Very nice hotel - quiet room, clean, satisfactory mattress, great public areas. Walking distance to a couple of restaurants. Room was lacking a safe, but was very good otherwise. Did appreciate the very quiet air conditioner/heater that had a thermostat on the wall, instead of on the unit itself. Breakfast staff was very friendly and went beyond the required to satisfy my requests. Only problem was the bar. I believe the regular bartender was absent, the one on duty was friendly but terribly inadequate. He took a long time to make two standard cocktails poorly (long island ice tea and margarita). Although the well liquor he used was name brand, he just didn't know what he was doing (over-poured so much so that the long island was undrinkable). We were willing to give him another chance after we returned from dinner, but we're informed we had already missed last call. Not a problem, other than it was only 9:00. If they are going to have a bar they need to do it right. Overall though, a pleasant stay and I would definitely stay here again - if the problems with the bar are fixed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily P, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Midland, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our property! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to get bar service when you came back to the property after dinner. Due to the extremely icy road conditions we closed the bar down an hour early to ensure a safe drive home for our employees. I can assure you that I will speak with the Food and Beverage Director on our opportunities to provide exceptional drinks to our guests.

Your comments and suggestions allow us to remain pro-active in our goal to provide the best customer service experience possible. We look forward to seeing you back during your next stay with us. Happy holidays!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bedford, TX, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

First, this is nice hotel, and we will stay there again if we are in Midland. The bar and restaurant were lively and fun and the food was great. The waiter was a great person and we had fun teasing him because he was out of salsa. This is Texas - salsa is a staple! My comments on some things that could be improved: Since we were only there for one night and didn't want to have to change rooms we didn't report these issues. Our first issue was that the bathroom cleaning wasn't completed - the cleaning solution was still in the toilet bowl. That caused us some concern at first and we did a closer inspection of the rest of the bathroom. The floor hadn't been swept very well, but otherwise it and the rest of the room were fine. The second issue was the AC. It couldn't be controlled - either blowing hot air or cold air and when the compressor ran it was very noisy. It was a cold night outside, so we just shut it off and it didn't get too hot or cold while we were sleeping. I suspect these are isolated, room-specific problems and we will continue to be a "HGI dwellers" when on the road.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Emily P, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Midland, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate our property! We greatly appreciate your feedback and for letting us know about the HVAC unit in your room. I will certainly will get in touch with my housekeeping and engineering team to follow up with your concerns. We look forward to seeing you back during your next stay with us! Have a wonderful day!
Henderson, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel appeared to be fairly new and very clean. The bed was hard and there was only a shower, no tub. The staff were polite and professional as well as welcoming. We arrived late and were very tired, so I didn't notice the amenities until the next day. Overall, my experience wasn't that great but if you like a hard bed and don't mind a shower, it would be fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property and for enrolling into our Hilton Honors Rewards program! We greatly appreciate your feedback. I sincerely apologize that you did not sleep well during your stay with us. I will forward this information and your concerns to the Hilton Design team regarding our sleep system. During your next visit with us, we would be more than happy to place you into a room with a bathtub. If you have any further comments or questions, feel free to contact me directly. Have a great day!
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We spent the night to go to a concert. We wanted to have a cocktail before we went and the lounge was closed on a Saturday night. I'm afraid this Hilton does not have enough customers to have everything open. The room was very nice and the price was fair.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property! We appreciate your feedback. I apologize that you were not able to enjoy a beverage before your planned event. I have spoken to the restaurant manager and he did confirm that the bar was open during regular operational hours that day, which is from five until ten in the evening. Was this the time that you were looking for service? I look forward to your reply and thank you again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Midland. We look forward to seeing you back during your next stay with us.
Houston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Bed is too firm as there is no boxspring. Just a wooden platform. Also kept running into the platform as it sticks out from the bed and killing my legs. Heard the person above me walking around for hours. For a $250/night room, I would expect something better, quieter and more quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Emily P, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Midland, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
I am in receipt of your comments regarding your recent stay with us. First, let me apologize for not living up to your expectations. We want all our guest to have a wonderful stay with us.

Since our mattress are required by Hilton, I forwarded your comments to the Hilton design team.

I have brought your concerns to the attention of our Executive housekeeper and Chief Engineer to ensure that this does not happen again.

I can either refund you your 1 night of $164.00 plus tax or give you 20,000 hhonors points. Please advise as to which you would prefer.

Again, I apologize for not making your stay comfortable and please let me know how we can accomidate you.
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

New, friendly hotel and staff - very easy to access in and out for the Midland/Odessa area adjacent to the airport. Resturaunt on premise with others in the immediate vicinity. It's not the cheapest place to stay in town, but very few hotels worth staying in are less than $200 a night in this area due to demand. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us! We greatly appreciate the positive feedback and our team is very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you on your next trip back to Midland, TX. Take care!
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The price of everything in Midland at the time of this review is out of whack, and this hotel is not saved from it. With that said, it was a very nice place, and the staff was excellent. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property after your stay with us! We greatly appreciate your positive and constructive feedback. The oil boom has definitely impacted the cost to stay in Midland, TX. These rates are more expensive in comparison to other Hilton Garden Inn properties due to the unbalanced suppy and demand of hotels within the area. However, our revenue managment team is working diligently to have the ability to offer more reasonable rates for our guests. Thank you choosing the Hilton Garden Inn to serve you during your stay in Midland. We look forward to seeing you back during your next stay!