“Good Food, Cold Beer”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I don't eat here often, but the food is always pretty good, so I don't know why not. They used to have a great bowl of chili, maybe it's just too early for cooking a big pot of chili, I hope!! The Beers are still cold and the chips and salsa are good, I'll be back soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was our first visit to La Bodega. We were seated immediately. We needed a highchair for my baby, the hostess brings me a broken one. We order our drinks, they bring them in cracked and chipped glasses. We order our food. It was disgusting. I couldn't even chew the beef fajitas and the pico de gallo smelled rotten and did not look fresh at all!!! The waitress never came back to our table to see how everything was, she was to busy texting on her cell. Finally had to go look for her to get the check, which was $50, totally not worth it. I let the cashier know how bad everything was, she just rolled her eyes at me. I will never visit this "restaurant" again or recommened it to anyone.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We lived in Midland for 16 years. And the past 18 years in Houston. Houston has many many good places to eat. But I have never found any Chilli Rellenos as good as LaBodega. They are more authentic Mexican, than Tex Mex. As soon as we get to Midland, we go to La Bodega and have Chilli Rellenos and they steal taste wonderful to us. Can not speak for the other dishes, we never get them.

1  Thank usroadrats
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Chile rellenos with raisins, sauce that tastes like crushed tomatoes just poured poured from a can, paper-like chips, stifling cigarette smoke wafting from the upstairs bar. I do not intend to return.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I've eaten here maybe a dozen times over the years and would more often except they always bring plates with luke-warm food. Hellllooooo....Mexican food is supposed to be served hot! So hot that servers handle with towels and warn you the plates are hot to touch. Perhaps they should invest a little in a microwave oven instead of a plant or two- just to bring the finished dishes up to temp..