“Junkie lookin' place is much much more than it seems”
Review of Thai House

Thai House
Ranked #17 of 294 Restaurants in Midland
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Location: old, old building with that 70's feel.
Food: good to the max! Their curries are sooo good. I eat spicy, but here I always request mild because even the medium is too spicy for me. Also, get a bangkok roll. They're yumm!!
Service: i love it! The waitresses know me and what I like. All their recommendations have always been spot on! The owner and cashier always has a smile for us, and sometimes some Mentos too... On the house!!
Value: Lunch has best prices but it's a pain to get in. So arrive early!

1  Thank Doryv

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

It's our favorite. Only lacking in ambiance, which is not a priority for me! Very friendly and have the best curry.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Tried this place for the first time this week. I ordered Massuman Chicken Curry for pickup. It was ready very quickly and still hot when I got back to the hotel. The portion of curry was decent in about a pint size plastic container, but the serving of rice was the smallest I've ever seen. Seriously, rice is the cheapest part of the meal and there was only about a cup of it in the styrofoam box. It wasn't enough to soak up even half of the curry. The curry was nicely flavored and there were big pieces of chicken. But because the order was so skimpy, I won't be going back. It was almost $10 with tax and not a good value.

1  Thank JodiBlonde
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This restaurant is owned by the nicest person and the food is warm and filling. They have a small location but if you go early or late you are sure to get a table. You are also allowed to bring in your own wine, since they do not have a liquor license. I love the Kao Soy. All of the curries are good and you can request them as hot as you want!

1  Thank luckytxn
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I found this spot while exploring Midland during dinner time. Tucked away in an older shopping center right by Gold's Gym, its easy to miss and also to be distracted by the Chick-Fil-A and Taco Casa in front of the store.

Interior was clean with older furnishings. Staff was quick to greet and service very polite and efficient. Complimentary fried wanton crispy strips with dipping sauce were provided as the entrée was being prepared. I went with the basil fried rice with shrimp.

When the entrée came out, I was disappointed to see that their version of fried rice did not have any bits or pieces of egg in it. Additionally, there was no basil or basil essence present. The fried rice did have slices of green pepper and decent sized shrimp.

Overall, for the price of the entrée ($10.99), I was not impressed but also not turned off to where I wouldn't try this once more. Judging by the packed restaurant, its safe to say that this place is popular with the locals. I'll chock this experience off to an anomaly and try it again soon.