“Extremely underwhelming”

Ranked #33 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A very poor excuse for a Wyndham garden in a poor and high crime area. The lobby stinks of chlorine from the pool and was at least 85 degrees during our entire stay. Worst service possible in the lobby restaurant - not even a simple cup of coffee was done right. I would not stay here again or reccomend it to anyone, terrible value. Also, the swimming pool is useless as its just below hot tub temp in the middle of summer in texas - the hotel is too cheap to air condition the room so the sun beating on the pool room all day heats it to a uncomfortable temp and stings the eyes with chlorine as you walk through to the only elevator - yes you walk through the pool area to the elevator!

P.S. Also i was woken up at 3AM by a loudly discussed drug deal in the next room - this is a seedy part of town and not suitable to a business hotel. I truly feared our work truck would be broken into!

Room Tip: Stay away from all these room, this is a dive for the price and there are many better options i have...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Austinroamer
MidtownhotelGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
MidtownhotelGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I went to Midland to visit/explore the area. The hotel was not only a great value, it was beautiful as well. I loved the spa/pool area. I would certainly go back! There were several areas within the hotel to hold special events and there were multiple places with seating areas, all of which were beautifully decorated. I was running late the following morning, so I didn't try any of the breakfast foods.

Room Tip: Pillow-mattress...felt so good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to use and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Daniel Ali

Reviewed 7 August 2013

we came up for rock the desert. didnt get to spend much time at the hotel. Was really nice room and pool. need to keep an eye on the linen if clean or not. when we were leaving the groundman or maintenance guy bell man . He was really nice knew his job and made us feel right at home. If i could remember his name Id give him an a+ take my hat off to ya. God bless you all

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. The opinions of our guests are very important to us. It is our goal to make each guest's experience as pleasant as possible. Your feedback helps us to do that. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Daniel Ali

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We got a really good deal,on a room here online, so we were very pleased at how nice it was. Our room had a renovated bath, very comfortable bed, was quiet, and had a sofa with ottoman and reading lamp. The pool and jacuzzi were great, and we were the only ones using it. The confirmation from the online booking said complimentary continental breakfast, but it was not a free breakfast...$7.99 for breakfast buffet. But the price we paid for the room made up for no breakfast. If I had paid the full price, I would have expected breakfast to be included. Other than that, we enjoyed our room and stay.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
MidtownhotelGM, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Justmartha,

Thanks so mush for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us..

Again, thank you for your review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 432-699-4144.

Molly Chandler

Reviewed 8 July 2013

This is Midland, in the middle of a boom so room rates are high and rooms are somewhat scarce. On the good side, the hotel was clean, recently remodeled, and at least my room was very quiet considering the location fairly close to a busy highway. I requested they put me in a quieter part of the hotel, and indeed I heard no noise from outside. The staff was helpful and courteous, and it was nice that there was a small restaurant in the building. I did not have anything but breakfast there, but for business travelers, not having to go back out is a plus. They had a small exercise area that could have had better equipment, but then again probably not a lot of people take advantage of that feature. Considering the town and the lack of hotel rooms, I got what I would consider a fair rate here, so that seems worthy of an average rating.

Minor downsides
The location - I'm fairly sure this is an older hotel that has been rebranded as a Wyndham, and its surroundings are not exactly "garden like." It's not a part of town that would be nice to go out and walk around in, should you be so inclined, and while Midland is not a large town or culinary hotbed, it's a bit of a drive to a nice restaurant.

Other small things that could use work - my room was separated from the adjacent room by a locked door that was not very soundproof, so I was aware of neighboring comings and goings. The hallways smelled a tiny bit smoky still - probably a remnant from previous decades as it is supposed to be a non-smoking facility and the staff makes everybody aware of that. Finally - a $3 charge for bottled water in a room of this price just always seems ridiculous.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Justmartha,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay with us at Wyndham Garden Midland.

Our guests' opinions are very important to us. It is our goal to give each guest a pleasant experience when staying with us. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Molly Chandler

Reviewed 24 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
MidtownhotelGM, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013