“Such good people!”

Wyndham Garden Midland
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I travel a lot, and I can't say this is one of the more elaborate hotels I've stayed in, but I can certainly say that no hotel I've stayed in has shown the kind of warmth and friendliness that Wyndham Gardens has. They are SO sweet and accommodating, and make you feel like a friend of the family. Very genuine. LOVE that! I won't ever stay anywhere else when I'm in Midland.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your awesome feedback with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our Team. We will share your comments with our staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our employees as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We honestly do feel as though our guests are family and look forward to seeing you each time you visit us. It is guests such as yourselves that make all of the effort we put into the Wyndham Garden Hotel worth every second. Thank you again, Lisa. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Garden Midland

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Overall, a decent hotel, the rooms are clean, and appear to be well maintained. The hallway lighting really needs to be addressed, as even I did not feel completely comfortable walking down the halls at night. The layout of the bathroom is a bit annoying, as the door cannot be closed if you are using the toilet. (not to mention, as a larger person, hard to close in general since the bathroom is very small). One other odd thing is that the full length mirror is directly across from the restroom door, not to be graphic, but it is a bit weird to "watch" yourself going to the restroom. (disclaimer, I am staying in the hotel room alone, so I am in complete privacy). Something that the hotel should do, is allow those that are staying at the hotel, to have breakfast at no charge like many of the other hotels around here, instead of charging additional for it. Front desk person was very nice. Restaurant was effectively closed since the grill was broken during my stay, so they only were able to offer cold food/prepackaged food. One last comment, at least in room 267 (where I stayed) you can clearly hear the trains rumble past. Thankfully I am a pretty heavy sleeper, but for a lighter sleeper, this may be a problem.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a star rating. We were glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Look gang, this isn't the Taaj Mahal, but considering the other hotel's absolutely absurd prices just because the oil patch is in town, this hotel is well worth the stay and your business! This was the ONLY reputable chain hotel in town for less than $200/night, and for that you still get a well renovated property with nice new bedding, food and a bar on site. If you're in town to see the Commemorative Air Force Museum, it's straight down the road and couldn't be easier to get to. The other places in town could care less about you, unless you're with the big oil companies, so why not spend your money somewhere else?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the service of our Team. We will share your comments with our staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our employees as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed here last week. I was offered a price of $79 at check in. The next morning, my receipt showed $109 plus tax and my credit card statement was charged $174. The hotel did resolve the charge the next day. Other reviewers on another site had the same experience. I contacted the hotel management online, but never received a call from the GM. I still don't understand if this is their standard practice to attempt to overcharge customers, or if it was an honest mistake. If you stay here double check your credit card statement!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
MidtownhotelGM, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello Mr. Steve

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with you stay regarding the rate. I was glad to hear that it was taken care of , I can assure you it was a honest mistake and not a standard procedure of our hotel. The hotel does authorize 50.00 extra on all reservations for incidentals, i.e room service, long distance phone call etc, that is the policy of nearly all hotels. If you have any further question or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards
Daniel Ali | General Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2013

front desk personal name Javier was very respectful made sure that are staying was the best experience help us in anything with no hesitation my kids loved the comfortable warm beds,and room , I wouldn't stay at any other place but here at Wyndham Garden in Midland, TX

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and sunny
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We appreciate and value your opinion. We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience and that our Front Desk Agent, Javier, was helpful and pleasant during your stay. We look forward to seenig you again very soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I live in the Odessa/Midland area. I heard great things about the new bar and restaurant that is in the Wyndham Gardens, so I decided to give it a try before a night out on the town. I had an amazing experience! Tim was very accommodating, and very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks available. I consider myself somewhat of a wing connoisseur. They were Terrific! Everything you look for in a traditional wing. The atmosphere of the bar was very welcoming. I will definitely be back to enjoy some great drinks and delicious food!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Julia B, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

We were so glad to see your review! Not a lot of people know that the public as well as guests of the hotel are welcome to come in and have breakfast, dinner and drinks with us at the Wall Street After 5. It is always a treat to serve our local community and give you a legendary experience as well! We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future! Thanks again for taking the time to write us this great review.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I love the vibrant décor and the atmosphere of the Lounge, the name is fantastic Wall St After 5.
The gentleman, Javier and Brenda at the front desk were most helpful with my questions at check in and I easily found the place I was looking for. Hallways dark but other than that everyone was very friendly.

Room Tip: I didn't try breakfast, but they were busy, has to be a good sign
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo