“HIGHWAY ROBBERY”

La Quinta Inn Midland
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stay at a different motel each week and this motel is without a doubt the worst overpriced motel i have ever stayed at !!I would not stay here for free !The breakfast was a joke one kind of cereal? The employees made me feel like i was keeping them from taking a break ! Nasty mould in the bathroom in room # 235

Room Tip: stay at a different motel
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Took extra notification to change the sheets, Did not acknowledge that I should not be charged State Tax, even though I presented the proper form at time of arrival. My bill clearly indicates a State employee. I tried to have bill corrected via phone that Friday, & then Saturday when mgr. would be there. I tried to reason with desk person but he refused to give me proper full names so I could present my situation since this person was no help only abrasive and brash. I decided not to continue and will take other measures.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank andrewkP5659YN
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I spent two nights at La Quinta Inn, Midland TX. Everything was satisfactory, clean and comfortable. I booked through Kayak.com. They charged me $193.11 for the two night stay. When I checked out, the motel gave me a receipt for $132,24 including all fees and taxes. That means that Kayak took a booking fee of $60.87 or 46% of the cost of the stay. Not a good deal.

Room Tip: Don't book through Kayak.com
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas, USA
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Roaches in bedroom and bathroom. Toilet wouldn't flush. Nasty. Wouldn't stay here even free of charge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Due to the new oil boom, its almost impossible to get a room in Midland. Prices have risen accordingly.
Place is relatively quiet except for the train that runs across the street.
My first room had a broken TV so I was moved to another.
No coffee packets. No shampoo.Kinda grubby. Not cleaned very well. Had to run the AC on its coolest setting all night long just to be comfortable. Pool filthy. No fitness or business center. Breakfast is cereal, yogurt and bagged boiled eggs. Maids had obviously rummaged around in my briefcase. Recommend taking valuables with you when you leave. Don't really recommend this place but there's a good chance it will be the only place with available rooms when you start looking for one.

Room Tip: Quieter in the back area.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Well I was here on business and found out very quickly that everyone in this town price gouges. The room was very dusty and there was hair from someone all over the chair. The bed was ok but could have been updated a long time ago. I have stayed in tropical resorts for less money than this place and if you have never been to Midland, well lets just say I don't know anyone that would want to vacation here. If I ever have to go back I will force my company to put me elsewhere. Oh and if you plan on staying at the holiday inn or a nicer chain of hotels you can expect to pay upwards of $250 a night.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business