“We loved this hotel, the breakfast was more than we excepted” 4 of 5 bubbles

Plaza Inn Midland
Plaza Inn Midland
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Midland
seymour, TX usa
“We loved this hotel, the breakfast was more than we excepted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

The rooms were nice and clean. There was and attendant of duty at the breakfast bar.
We had a handicap room and it was nice.
The attendant at the breakfast bar was really nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sonora
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

During the last four years we have stayed at the Plaza Inn at least once a year. We were aware that the rooms were being upgraded but when we were there this year I was amazed when we walked into our room. Major makeover with new carpet, new bathroom vanities, new furniture, new comfy beds and linens (looked like a new hotel). We like the convenience of parking in front of the rooms. A great location (just off the loop) near restaurants and shopping. I look forward to our next stay at the Plaza Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

This was a very pleasant stay. My daughter and I were traveling from El Paso and decided to try this motel. What a surprise because it wasn't very crowded. The girl at the front desk was WONDERFUL! The room was recently remodeled. The beds were sooo comfortable. It had all of the amenities except for the micro and frig. Hopefully, they will add these. Did not make it to the breakfast. The price was fine.

• Stayed March 2010
El paso tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

i was coming from El Paso tx,on a trip to Dallas tx, i was tired of driving so we stopped for a night rest.when we went inside their was nobody at the counter,i had to wait about ten minutes before someone came.we went to the room it was very clean and nice,it had flat screen tv's and very comfortable beds. I called the front counter for a early wake up call, i never got that wake up call. i would recommended it to friends but not to go if u expect good service.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
Savannah, Ga.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2010

The room I was given was filthy, When walking on the carpet barefoot, the soles of my feet were filthy from contact with it. The room smelled like a combination of turpentine and old socks. The bathroom was unclean. I had to scrub out the tub before i could take a shower in the morning. When I was leaving and commented on the state of the room I was ignored. Not even an apology for the conditions, which was the very least they could have done. I would never recommend this hotel to a friend or even my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank shakaar

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

The room was clean, a pleasant breakfast, and good location. My biggest complaint with this hotel is the service I received. If there is a problem or complaint the manager will just look at you as if it's not her problem because that is would she did with me. There were other clerks that were nicer during my stay and one of them had apologized to me for the problems i had encountered. It seemed to me that she was used to getting complaints about her manager, usually it is the other way around. Just seems like a poorly run hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank kdnlm
corpus christi, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

This hotel was a model of comfort. The biggest issue I had with the hotel in the past was that the rooms were older. But the rooms were always impeccably clean. Now , the hotel has undergone a revamp. There are now flat screen tvs in all the rooms. The breakfast bar was outstanding.
Further, this hotel understands something larger chains dont seem to- SERVICE. While I stayed there was an issue with the remoter control on my television. Even though I contacted the desk at 9m, they still found a way to get me a fixed/ new remote withn hour. If you appreciate being taken careof , this is the hotel for you. This has got be the best value in the city

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business