“bedbugs”

Plaza Inn Midland
Plaza Inn Midland
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Midland
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed in room 331 the nights of 10/15-16/2013. On the 15th I awoke with one cluster of bites. On the 16th there were two more clusters. I informed the hotel on the 17th, once I had found bug bodies in my clothing and had positively identified the problem. I have had no response from the motel since leaving word with the desk clerk on the 17th.

BEWARE. These bite clusters are very large and itch intensely. Meanwhile you have to spend hours disinfecting your belongings. This is a serious problem and should have been treated as such by management.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Adrienne R
There are newer reviews for Plaza Inn Midland

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel was pretty far off the I-20 but close to the 210 loop. We were greeted by very polite staff who issued us our RFID room keys. Had some trouble with the keys and doorlock. When the door closed, it was not secure and it took some fiddling with to get it secure.

The room was tastefully decorated, the furniture was clean and fairly comfortable. The shower had an odd shaped floor which required close attention to your footing. There was not a lot of outside noise. Standard high carb breakfast with mediocre coffee was included.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ryanwest
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Location is away from any hustle and bustle. Didn't realize how far off I-10 this place was located when I selected it. A lot of the people staying here seem to be oil workers for the entire week. Cost was low for most hotels in the area but not worth the price. Concrete walkways and steps are in need of repair. Cracks on the bridge on the 3rd floor do not make one feel safe. One set of steps was closed due to broken steps. Parking spaces need to be wider since most of the vehicles are pick-up trucks. I am sure door dings are common here. Room was just big enough for the furniture. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Really liked this hotel. In town house hunting. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and nicely furnished and included a microwave and mini fridge. Room rate was extremely reasonable in comparison to similar hotel brands. I would recommend this hotel 100% to family & friends.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Good: This hotel is in a good location for doing business in Midland. It is off of the noisy freeway and away from the trains and industrial area. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Parking is better than average. No room for big trucks. An ok breakfast.

The Bad: This hotel does not have a "Do Not Disturb" sign or policy. I don't want anyone in my room during my stay anywhere. They did not honor that. I will stay here again but I will take my own sign!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack2148
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have stayed in several hotels in Midland, and this one has been the cleanest! I checked in to the hotel with no problems at all. The front desk clerk was very nice and she even recommended places for me to have dinner. I will return to Midland and return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Reasonably priced and clean
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stevensmark37
Reviewed 21 May 2013

For the last eight years my church group have traveled to Midland, my home town to worship with a local church. Each year I have been tasked with making hotel arrangements. Long story short we should have been staying at the Plaza Inn a long time ago because EVERYONE was truly pleased and happy with their stay. My Pastor even told me "good job" for getting such a nice hotel. Everything from booking the rooms with Ms. Tryon to the very patient and understanding young lady (Ms. E) at the front desk at check-in made our trip even better. The rooms were really really nice, clean, and comfortable. The hotel was very clean. Because of the location (Off of Loop 250) it was easier for us to move around with our big bus. If the good Lord allows us to travel next year for our trip we will visit the Plaza Inn. Special "thank you" to Ms. V. Tryon. Be blessed!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Derrick N