“Economical Stay in Booming West Texas”
Review of Plaza Inn Midland

Plaza Inn Midland
Plaza Inn Midland
Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Aledo, Texas
“Economical Stay in Booming West Texas”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

With the price gouging going on with hotels and restaurants in West Texas during our latest boom, its nice to that Plaza Inn is still charging reasonable rates for a good night's stay in a clean environment.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John P P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed in room 331 the nights of 10/15-16/2013. On the 15th I awoke with one cluster of bites. On the 16th there were two more clusters. I informed the hotel on the 17th, once I had found bug bodies in my clothing and had positively identified the problem. I have had no response from the motel since leaving word with the desk clerk on the 17th.

BEWARE. These bite clusters are very large and itch intensely. Meanwhile you have to spend hours disinfecting your belongings. This is a serious problem and should have been treated as such by management.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Adrienne R

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

Riverside, CA
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel was pretty far off the I-20 but close to the 210 loop. We were greeted by very polite staff who issued us our RFID room keys. Had some trouble with the keys and doorlock. When the door closed, it was not secure and it took some fiddling with to get it secure.

The room was tastefully decorated, the furniture was clean and fairly comfortable. The shower had an odd shaped floor which required close attention to your footing. There was not a lot of outside noise. Standard high carb breakfast with mediocre coffee was included.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ryanwest
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Location is away from any hustle and bustle. Didn't realize how far off I-10 this place was located when I selected it. A lot of the people staying here seem to be oil workers for the entire week. Cost was low for most hotels in the area but not worth the price. Concrete walkways and steps are in need of repair. Cracks on the bridge on the 3rd floor do not make one feel safe. One set of steps was closed due to broken steps. Parking spaces need to be wider since most of the vehicles are pick-up trucks. I am sure door dings are common here. Room was just big enough for the furniture. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank John G
Beeville, Texas
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Really liked this hotel. In town house hunting. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean and nicely furnished and included a microwave and mini fridge. Room rate was extremely reasonable in comparison to similar hotel brands. I would recommend this hotel 100% to family & friends.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Leonard, Texas
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The Good: This hotel is in a good location for doing business in Midland. It is off of the noisy freeway and away from the trains and industrial area. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Parking is better than average. No room for big trucks. An ok breakfast.

The Bad: This hotel does not have a "Do Not Disturb" sign or policy. I don't want anyone in my room during my stay anywhere. They did not honor that. I will stay here again but I will take my own sign!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jack2148
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have stayed in several hotels in Midland, and this one has been the cleanest! I checked in to the hotel with no problems at all. The front desk clerk was very nice and she even recommended places for me to have dinner. I will return to Midland and return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Reasonably priced and clean