“Seemed to be Some Improvement Over Last Visit”
Review of Plaza Inn Midland

Plaza Inn Midland
Plaza Inn Midland
Ranked #30 of 45 Hotels in Midland
Leonard, Texas
“Seemed to be Some Improvement Over Last Visit”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My company stays here twice a year for business trips. We noticed some improvements over the last visit. The bedding, beds, clean carpets and new TV's made our visit a little better than last time. The bathrooms and plumbing fixtures still need improvements. The parking lot is small and there are always large trucks parked everywhere. We stay here because of the good location to business and restaurants and it is quiet and not in the middle of the high traffic areas of Midland. The breakfast and coffee were good. The paperwork says this hotel is owned my Hilton. I can't figure out why it is not listed on the Hilton website as a choice here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jack2148

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lovington, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel came through for us when we left another girl in the area due to filth and bedbugs. Despite its location it was quiet, clean, and friendly. The price was high, but the room was large and comfortable. It's an expensive area and so the prices were fair compared to others. This is the only reason it gets 4 not 5 stars.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Danielle M
Show Low, Arizona
Reviewed 14 March 2014

The property is old but clean, the front desk clerk was very nice, but the property is located in an area that is not well-lit at night and feels a little scary. The room had everything we needed, but we were awakened several times during the night from noises in adjoining rooms and outdoors. I would never stay here without my husband or friends because there is no security and inadequate lighting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mary Ann H
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is the first time that reading Trip Advisor before making reservations let me down. I would not stay here again or advise anyone to stay here. The room showed quite a bit of use and abuse. There were stains, chips, and a sticky bathroom floor. My best advice is to pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy F
Sarina G, General Manager at Plaza Inn Midland, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Science Teacher,

Thank you for your review and stay at Plaza Inn Midland. I would like to apologize for your experience and thank you for the feedback.
I have talked with my cleaning staff and would like to let you know that we have had the carpets shampooed. As for the sticky floors we had switched to a different cleaning chemical the chemical did not work very well as you well know and would leave our floors very sticky. We no longer use the chemical.
If or when you come back to Midland I'd like the chance to make this right I hope you come back and see us again.
Sarina Garcia

Travellers are raving about these Midland hotels

Aledo, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2013

With the price gouging going on with hotels and restaurants in West Texas during our latest boom, its nice to that Plaza Inn is still charging reasonable rates for a good night's stay in a clean environment.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John P P
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed in room 331 the nights of 10/15-16/2013. On the 15th I awoke with one cluster of bites. On the 16th there were two more clusters. I informed the hotel on the 17th, once I had found bug bodies in my clothing and had positively identified the problem. I have had no response from the motel since leaving word with the desk clerk on the 17th.

BEWARE. These bite clusters are very large and itch intensely. Meanwhile you have to spend hours disinfecting your belongings. This is a serious problem and should have been treated as such by management.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Adrienne R
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This hotel was pretty far off the I-20 but close to the 210 loop. We were greeted by very polite staff who issued us our RFID room keys. Had some trouble with the keys and doorlock. When the door closed, it was not secure and it took some fiddling with to get it secure.

The room was tastefully decorated, the furniture was clean and fairly comfortable. The shower had an odd shaped floor which required close attention to your footing. There was not a lot of outside noise. Standard high carb breakfast with mediocre coffee was included.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple