“Really decent little place, especially for the location!”

Best Western Mineola Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mineola
Dallas, Texas
“Really decent little place, especially for the location!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here overnight from 6/27 to 6/28 because my daughter was at summer camp a few miles down the road and I didn't want to drive back to Dallas on a Friday night. We stayed on the first floor right a little ways down from the utility area where they do the laundry. I checked in at 3pm and the staff was amazingly friendly. My only complaint was that they were doing laundry with the door open until about 6pm, so it was a little loud in the hall area, but by the time I got back later that night, it was done.

Room and fitness area were very clean and well maintained. The breakfast was pleasantly surprising with eggs, biscuits, gravy, sausage, waffles (you make fresh yourself), cereal, and fresh fruit. The coffee was really good, too (Neighbors!). I am going to make this an annual tradition when I have to pick up my daughter again next year from camp.

Room Tip: I imagine rooms at the end of the building would be a little quieter.
2 Thank BethWeston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

well you don't really have a choice of where to stay here, so I guess you just have to deal with it.

The good: The free breakfast isn't bad. Scrambled eggs (from a box), sausage, gravy, cereal, waffles...

The bad: (1) The key to my room I don't think ever worked on the first try. Even when after the second day I got them changed. It normally took 2 or 3 tries and I stayed there 4 nights. (2) The tv had problems where the picture and sound would be jumbled about every couple minutes for maybe 4 seconds. (3) Also, even when everything on the clock radio was off, about every ten minutes it does 'white noise'. Weird really. They changed out the radio and it still did it. So maybe electrical power surges? Who knows but the radio was unplugged after that.

The ugly: mold on the shower curtain. So beware of room 226 in the shower. I forgot to tell the lady as I checked out. It isn't a lot of mold, but they should just throw it into the washing machine.

League City, TX, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Best Western Mineola, TX Friday 6/6/2014 to
6/9/2014. The elevator and entire second floor hallway reeked of cigarette
smoke, causing respiratory difficulties and constant ingestion of allergy
medication on my part. The motel staff was very courteous, pleasant,
personable and helpful, but could do nothing about that problem due to the
circulation system of the facility. Inside the room was bearable due to the
individual controls.

On Monday morning as we were packing to check out, lightning struck the
transformer carrying power for the motel area. We had to carry our luggage
one bag at a time down the triple turn stairway that had NO EMERGENCY
LIGHTING AT ALL. Another guest and my husband propped doors and used
personal flashlights to light our way down. If there had been a fire, there
is no possible way that guests could have escaped the second floor safely.

Due to power outage, the computer and telephone systems were nonworking. We were unable to get a copy of our bill to know whether or not charges were correct as stated upon checkin. To date, we have received nothing by mail or electronic means.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor due to stale smoke odor and lack of safe stairwell exit
Abbeville, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great location, super clean everything looked new. They had Community Coffee. This is a huge plus for folks from Louisiana. The beds and pillows were about the softest I've found in a hotel. Everything seemed new, but this was the softest bed I've found in a hotel in recent past. Bring your own pillow if you stay here. These pillows were odd sized, more square than rectangle and very very soft. But, look, everything else was fine- did I tell you they had Community Coffee?

1 Thank Al H
Pasadena, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is very clean and has a friendly, caring staff. It is convenient to Fork Lake, several opportunities for antique buyers in Mineola and surrounding towns. We got a kick out of the waffle maker that makes TEXAS shaped waffles. A bit of whimsy to start your day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

mineola, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This small town doesnt have much in it. I was expecting just an average place to sleep , but was very suprised. The staff was helpful and friendly, the breakfast was good , and it was very clean. The next time I need a place to stay I will be staying here. My only problem was that this town had a small selection of restaurants to choose from. The lakes in this area are beautiful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Jourdanton
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is new. The decor is tastefully done and everything is clean. It is well maintained. The pool area was closed when we were there due to installation of a hot tub. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mineola
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
Best Western Canton Inn
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton
Best Western Lindale Inn
Comfort Suites Lindale - North Tyler
Hampton Inn Lindale/Tyler

Been to Best Western Mineola Inn? Share your experiences!