“Average food”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Black Horse Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Cute place locally owned for lunch that is not what you get everywhere else. Our daughter was married in Mineral Wells last Saturday, June 18th, and I had planned to have a Bridal Luncheon at the rental house where we were staying. As Mother of the Bride, I had no time to do that the day before the wedding - silly me for thinking I could, so on that Friday at 9:30 a.m., I called the Black Horse Cafe to see if they could accommodate a party of 17 at 11:30. They were incredible! Quickly got the room they use as an office/party room ready for our guests, had the most amazing food, and the service was fantastic. We were so impressed and so grateful for their kindness. I'm still thinking about the delicious quiche I had and the chocolate layer cake. Too bad they don't have a location in Tennessee!
Weatherford, Texas
“Average food”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had 1/2 club and broccoli cheese soup. I was so excited about trying the soup based off of other reviews. I was not impressed, it was average as far as soup from a restaurant, it tasted like it had cream of chicken from a can in it. The 1/2 club was on a croissant, which was stale. A club sandwich is suppose to have bacon, I had one bite of bacon. I guess the rest was on the other half of the club. My husband had meatballs and spaghetti. I expected more based off the reviews. The spaghetti was just noodles with marinara sauce and meatballs in the middle. Again, the marinara sauce tasted like something out of can and the meatballs had a strange taste to them. He could not finish it. The garlic toast that came with his meal was also stale. I also ordered a piece of chocolate cake, all the desserts are by the register where you order and I could not resist! As with everything else, it tasted like it was a box mix. It was moist and fresh though.
The building is very neat to go into, and the staff was friendly. It is located around some antique shops. They do not accept credit cards. I'm glad I went and experienced it, but I will not go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank YogaGIRL76086

“Texas find!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Great old building, great lunch food, array of diners, and friendly staff! As a native Texan, I felt as though I was lunch was my grandmother and we were discussing her 42 domino strategies for the next week. Don't miss it, check it out!

1 Thank Kathy C
Boquete, Panama
“New York Deli greets Texas”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I have never had anything that I didn't like here! If you can get tired of good food just try it at The Black Horse Café. The food is fresh, cakes and pastries melt in your mouth and you never tire of the Cream Broccoli Soup it is all about "flavor".

This tiny café has a comfortable turn of the century ambience. Nothing fancy except the flavor! They are only open until 2 PM so you need to hurry for lunch. Right downtown, easy to find next to the courthouse ANNEX!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Linda J
Mineral Wells, Texas
“Good Lunches”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This is a small cafe in an historical building. My husband called this a "girly" place, but he rather liked it, too. The lunches were varied from light salads, soups and sandwiches to hot meals such as lasagna or spaghetti. I know it appeals more to women, but you will find a lot of men there, too! It's a very comfortable place to meet someone there for lunch.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Margie317
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I just love going to the Black Horse!! It is SO MUCH better than the Brazos Bistro nearby!! They are so kind, friendly and go above and beyond to make the Black Horse feel like you are having lunch at a friends home! The food is excellent and the desserts are delcious! Love this place!

Visited August 2012