“Clean, Comfortable, and a good Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Suites Mission-Mcallen Area

Holiday Inn Express Suites Mission-Mcallen Area
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Mission
Austin, Texas
“Clean, Comfortable, and a good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

I stayed here for a single night while on business in the Mission/McAllen area recently. This hotel is well located just south of US-83 on Shary Road and is very close to a multitude of restaurants and stores. Check-in and out were handled very quickly by their efficient and friendly staff. I stayed in a very large, decently decorated room that was very clean. The bedding and linens were good, the bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet. The TV was NOT one of the newer HDTV's but was decent. The room was not equipped with a microwave or small refrigerator. The room rate included a very good continental breakfast that included hot items (eggs, bacon, biscuits, pancakes, cinnamon rolls, gravy, etc.) as well as the usual, coffee, milk, juices, breads, fruit, yogurt, etc. A nice feature was the "Managers Reception" where they provided appetizers (Chicken wings, chips, queso, chips) and beverages (beer, wine, water, cokes, etc) in the early evening hours. There was nice business center with a single computer, internet, and printer. This is a very nice place and I will definitely consider staying here again when in the Mission/McAllen area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank AustinMan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

We stayed for 7 nights at this hotel. The staff was very friendly,pleasant and willing to accomodate whatever your needs were. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The breakfast was above par compared to other continental type breakfast places. We have stayed at many more expensive hotels and did not receive this type of service. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area of the Rio Grande Valley. It is convenient to everything with some great golf courses in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank evarogers
New Hartford, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2008

My wife and I stayed here in April, 2008. Nice, clean room, comfortable beds. Air conditioner worked fine. Choc/chip cookies at the desk on arrival.
Bkfst in the am was very adequate.
Easy to find.
Only one computer for us to use.

Great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Houston TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2008

We had originally planned to spend two nights at this hotel but checked out after only one because we experienced so many problems. We stayed in what they term a "junior suite" with two queen beds. The beds were uncomfortable, with hard, thin mattresses, and some of the sheets had holes and stains. Also, the air conditioning unit was the noisiest I've ever encountered in a hotel (although it did cool the room adequately). In addition, there was inadequate lighting in the room.

The bathroom sink was positioned very low, at the height of a small child, not suitable for adults.

On the two occasions I attempted to get ice, the machine on our floor had no ice in it, although it did appear to be running. I tried to get ice on the evening we checked in and again the next morning. The second time it happened, I went to the floor above us (our room was on the second floor), and that machine also had no ice. I FINALLY managed to find ice on the 1st floor.

I went to the front desk to inform them about the ice problem, but no one was present. No one was there when we checked in (mid-afternoon) either. We rang a bell on the desk, and it took several minutes for someone to come out to assist us. This is not the level of service or accommodation I was expecting for a room costing over $100. Trust me, you do NOT want to stay at this hotel!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable beds; noisy air conditioner
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
Corpus Christi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2007

I was recently in Mission, Texas for my sons wedding and a lot was going on. I booked a room at your hotel and when I went to check in, the smiling front desk clerk by the name of John Jones was very accomodating. Whether it be directions to where we needed to go or just requesting addtional towels, Mr. Jones was very polite. There was one point where I was at the front desk and Mr. Jones politely excused himself to answer the phone and again, politely asked the person on the phone if he would be able to call them right back. As my friend and I were walking away, we heard him return that phone call and proceed to make contact with that future guest. Everything was "Yes maam, No maam". You just don't here those kinds of manners anymore, unfortunately. I am in Customer Service myself, and it is so refreshing to come in contact with such a delightful young man. Upon checking in, he showed us on a map exactly where my room was, as well as the swimming pool and other areas of the hotel. I would highly recommend Holiday Inn Express, Mission, Texas to any of my friends and look forward to a return visit. Thank you for my delightful stay and for Mr. John Jones and his excellent customer service.

• Liked — the great customer service
  • Disliked — everything was wonderful
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
variety of places
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2006

We arrived at the hotel a bit early at 2 pm so our room was not ready we were told to return at 3 so we went shopping till 3 pm. We went back to the hotel out executive suite was ready. First off hotel is very new on the inside, as well as the outside. We checked in what a breeze. We went to the room and it was a fantastic room very good size and nice size bathroom :) Sofa was comfy as well as the bed. We relaxed and explored the hotel such as the gym, computer room and pool/jacuzzi all nice amenties. The hotel is an xcellent location right across from golf course and near lots of shopping. The hotel is about 35 minutes from Mexico, just close enough but not too close to do soem great shopping over there. Stayed there for two nights, enjoyed also the breakfast in hotel. CHeck out was a breeze. Overall I highly recommend this hotel, very quiet and serene hotel :)

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank rickilakefan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mission
Hampton Inn & Suites Mission
#8 of 9 in Mission
Las Palmas Inn
Las Palmas Inn
#4 of 9 in Mission

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Mission-Mcallen Area? Share your experiences!