“Real smoked meats!”

Old Hickory Inn Barbecue
Ranked #12 of 146 Restaurants in Missouri City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 August 2014

First time to the restaurant and we really enjoyed the excellent smoked BBQ with good selections of dipping and salad sauce.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Let me tell you a story about this place we came last week and we actually got here 20 minutes before opening time but we were in a rush they were happy to serve us and didn't make a fuss and were quite nice about it. The food is always good and the prices are fair. The people are friendly and the place is clean. We are back again this week they have earned our business !

Reviewed 14 May 2013

A great establishment, with a private back room you can reserve (for free) for parties. Been a regular for 25 years and the food is consistently fabulous. The also have a modest Greek menu too (going back to the owners' roots). They cater events at our school(s) and my own home, stepping in for delivery for my son's graduation BBQ at home, when we were delayed by rain. Always great BBQ (chicken/ribs/brisket/sausage), fab green beans/potato salad/stuffed baked potatos etc., yummy peach cobbler and rice pudding. They are strong supporters of the community and you can trust that anything they serve will be perfect, served/delivered on time and courteously so! Other establishments have popped up over the years, but I stick with Old Hickory as they have NEVER LET US DOWN in over 25 years of dining!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I have gone here for years. I tried the other barbecues around the city and their onion rings, but I keep coming back here. I love that they give you so much food that I can make two meals off of it.

CSBrock

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Good selection of average barbeque at a modest price. "Texas Toast" was just ordinary toast, which says it all. Comfortable fast-food environment. Adequate parking.