“Great food for reasonable price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Baytown Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 144 Restaurants in Missouri City
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We don't dine out a lot, but when we are ready, than we go to Baytown Seafood on Murphy. We normally get Grilled seafood platter with fully loaded baked potato, with salad as starter, we always take something home, as is so much food. Plater has grilled red fish, 4 shrimps and 4 scallops, and mixed veggies. We tried that with dirty rice, and is as good, I ahd stuffed flounder here - and it's tasty...service always is nice and friendly. Fully recommend this place!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Definitely a place to stop for some good seafood with Louisiana flare. Large portions at a reasonable price.

1  Thank John77489
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My wife and I come here for a good seafood lunch or dinner at least once a month. The food is always fresh and fried perfectly, the service is friendly and efficient, and the prices are low enough to make it a great value. The place lacks class as far as decorating, but I don't go there for atmosphere, I go to stuff my face with great food. By the way, the photo that shows up on this page is not their place - unless they pulled out special table cloths for the photo, then hid them away.

My only complaint is that the red sauce (you know, the stuff you dip your shrimp into) is their own non-standard recipe. I don't mind that they do that, but they should have the standard traditional red sauce for those who want it. It's a shame, because other Baytown Seafoods don't limit you like that, and their fried shrimp is so good.

They're very accommodating to seniors like me. My wife and I often go in and order the fried pickles (to share) and one of the generous platters (also to share). They don't mind bringing extra plates so we can do that.

A few years ago, they had plastic tea glasses with ads for bail bondsmen and engine repair on them. That was so tacky that I almost wanted to steal one or two of them, but now they have regular plastic glasses. I guess they're trying to be upper class when they can.

I really do love the food in this place. As long as you're not trying to impress your date or planning to pop the question, it's always good food and a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I stop in to eat here at least twice a month. The restaurant is clean, the staff friendly and helpful and the food is great. The restaurant is a bit plain, but I come here to eat, not stare at the walls. They are always willing to substitute one side for another, etc.,.
I highly recommend them. They aren't Pappadeax, but their prices aren't either.

1  Thank RobertusMaximus
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I've gotten take-out twice in the last 3 months from this place, and tried their red snapper last time. Both were pretty good. I'd give them 4 stars except for lack of atmosphere, and because the sides are just fair, and the tartar sauce is not made on site (it's in squeeze containers like the ketchup). Seafood gumbo was pretty good as well.
Service is courteous but not spectacular, prices are VERY reasonable for what you get. Again, fried shrimp as quite good - I've had much worse in the Houston area at more upscale restaurants.
Until something better comes along in the area I'll continue to get take out here.

1  Thank LoboTX