We had our wedding in La Torretta during December. After some negotiating, we were able to get a good rate since we needed 9 rooms including people coming from Mexico. Some of us stayed in the Tower and others stayed in the golf course. The tower rooms were really nice, large with a big living room and desk and then the bedroom. I didn't like they only had double beds, queen will have been better since 2 people slept in the bed, so it was a bit tight. The AC was noisy. The bathroom was really big and clean, with the shower in 1 side and the tub in the other. We stayed in 10th floor and had a view of the lake.
We had plenty of room to store all of our luggage and hang the dresses. It is odd that the rooms do not have microwave or fridge. We had dinner in the hotel, it was OK, just very slow service and we received a couple of cold dishes.
The next day, we paid extra to be able to check out late and be able to go to the wedding. The resort doesn't offer free breakfast. This one is definitely a thumbs down since even cheaper hotels give you continental breakfast. They offer breakfast buffet in the restaurant: eggs, waffles, fruits, juice, oatmeal and cereal.
As other people mentioned, parking lot is far and you can either valet or park in the back. You need to walk to the spa, to the conference rooms or to the towers.
Our wedding coordinator helped us decorate the rooms and the guests enjoyed the venue and liked the food. They even stored the cake in advance for us.
We got a free room to spend our wedding night. The hotel gave us a plate of chocolate strawberries and a bottle of champagne. We stayed in the 19th floor and we had a great view of the lake and the resort. We had a king-size bed, very comfortable and the bathroom was similar to the one we had before, huge! We want to go back to actually enjoy the resort instead of running around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed as the perfect retreat for a team building experience or a family getaway, La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa is an escape destination located on beautiful Lake Conroe an easy hour north of downtown Houston that provides the ideal setting for highly productive business functions, extraordinary social gatherings, rejuvenating family vacations, and romantic couples getaways. La Torretta is an easy getaway – a place to go for a great meal, a workout, a round of golf, or for some pampering at the Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Torretta Lake Resort And Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, Lake Conroe, Texas Hotel Montgomery
- La Torretta Del Lago Hotel
- La Torretta Del Lago Resort
- La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa Texas/Montgomery