“Awesome time had by all!”

La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Conroe, Texas
“Awesome time had by all!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff at La Torretta was incredible. Very positive experience. Wedding ceremony/reception was wonderful. Specifically, wanted to acknowledge following for going above and beyond. Patti Culwell for an excellent job of overseeing our event. She kept us organized and provided guidance when necessary. Our event ran so smoothly because of her. Matt Hughes for personally handling our reservations. Very positive feedback from family/friends about their reservation process. Jennifer & Wendy at the spa for a fantastic job on hair/makeup for me and my sister. Both true artists who transformed us beautifully. Debbie, Spa Manager, who graciously stayed after hours so we could utilize the spa for wedding pictures which afforded us interesting/unique backdrops for our photos. Rachid, Norma, Neal and staff for the set up and management of reception. They paid great attention to detail. We appreciated how they had our reception stuff organized afterwards so the day after was very stress free when we picked it up. Chef Christian for the fabulous dinner. We can’t say enough about how the food looked and tasted. Received so many compliments from guests. Our primary goal was to have a dinner not consisting of your typical wedding food that would “wow” our guests. Chef Christian definitely succeeded. Bob Brown and Trish at the golf club who made our pre-wedding golf outing a huge success. Breakfast tacos were delicious and much appreciated by our golfers. La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa truly exceeded our expectations. Our guests stated this was the best wedding they had ever attended. Thank you all for your hard work and dedication and for helping us create great memories.

1 Thank Kimberly K
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you so much for your positive and detailed review. It is so wonderful to get great feedback like yours. We are most pleased that your wedding events were without issue. We feel so honored that you chose La Torretta as host for such a special occasion. From our family to yours congratulations again. We hope that you will make our resort a destination for you and your family for years to come.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hubby and I had great R and R for 24 hours. King lake-view suite has marvelous view and very large comfortable rooms. Grounds are attractive, water park enjoyable. We felt like kids in the lazy river, enjoyed the pools, had a wonderful massage. Room service dining was perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: Check out the package options - paying a little higher room rate can result in savings via resort cr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mam123456
Thank you for your review. We are excited to hear that your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. Please visit our website for upcoming offers and specials. We do hope that you can come visit us again real soon!
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed in a private cabin on the golf course over Memorial day weekend . It was relaxing and very low key with some friends. The Spa is amazing and so many great services to offer . The rooms are nicely decorated as well. I felt they could have been a little more cleaner as housekeeping they come out at 3 pm or later. Memorial day when everyone was checked out pretty much i had to ask Housekeeping to come at 4 pm . The food there is great with many choices without having to leave, There is a wonderful piano player that is blind and is top notch that plays at the bar in the evenings. Not one request he couldn't play! He is a must see ! The pool is great as well. we enjoyed the adult only pool. My only disappointment is they need to supply more chairs especially when at capacity and there is plenty of room for more. In conclusion, had a great stay however i think this place has so much more potential !

Room Tip: Cabins on the Lake
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. We are very happy that you we’re able to stay with us over your Memorial Day Holiday. We will take your comments regarding housekeeping and the extra lounge chairs as we collaborate and seek ways to improve the guest experience. Please don’t let too much time pass between your next visit.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed with four other couples in the towers over the weekend. First, we had a really nice time. The property is well maintained, the rooms are modern and well kept. All of the couples had young children and the kids loved playing in the pools and lazy river. The property has multiple options for dining. We ate at four different locations throughout our stay: Yoi (Sushi Bar on the second floor of the main lobby) CoCo Cove (Pool Bar and Restaurant), 157 (Breakfast Buffet) and Mokka (Coffee and Pastry Shop). All of the individuals that served us from check-in to the service employees at the restaurants were super nice and wanted you to have the best service possible.

We did have a couple of "issues": The hotel gives you the option for valet or self parking. The self parking is a pretty good distance from the hotel towers. It's a haul if you have to carry anything to or from your vehicle.

This is a resort destination. It is not cheap. The food and drinks are priced according to a resort destination. Add to this that you cannot bring your own snacks or drinks into the pool area and it gets very expensive. A mixed drink at the pool is $10. Non-alcoholic drinks are $6-$7. Hang out at the pool all day and you can see how this can add-up quickly.

There are no lifeguards at any of the pools or play areas. Thus, if you have kids, you are on duty.

If you have the budget, this place is great. Kids really have a good time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DAllen31
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Please know that if you choose self parking we do accommodate a loading area where you can load/unload items from your car you may need during your stay. We do hope you’ll come visit us again very soon.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We staying in a whole cottage at La Torretta over Easter weekend. We had an amazing time hanging out by the pool. So much fun. Easter Sunday Brunch was excellent as well. So good. Can't wait to spend 4th of July there and see what else I missed that last time. This will be an adult trip so we will explore some more of the bars and restaurants and amenities of the resort. Great time was had by all.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
LaTorrettaResort, Manager at La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for the positive review of your stay during the Easter Holiday. We are glad to hear you’ll be joining us for some fun over the 4th of July holiday. Be sure to make your spa appointments ahead of time. Also we recommend you try Lakeside for a great evening meal and Energie for a great drink. We’ll see you soon.
Dallas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Enjoyable stay. Service was great. Phone didn't work in room, which was a pain to call front desk, room service, etc. Would stay here again. They had fun activities throughout the day for kids and adults. Wish there was more to do on the actual lake side - there are pictures of people fishing, but didn't really see this as an option. Beds were really comfortable and room set-up is great if you have kids with a separate living area and small balcony.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. We are glad you were able to enjoy the resort and recreation activities. We’ll work on getting more information out about lakeside activities for families. We do hope you’ll come back and visit us soon. Check our website for great summertime deals.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We booked this hotel after looking on the website at their beautiful property pictures and amenities offered for a quick weekend getaway for Memorial Day weekend. With an infant, we did not want to have to drive a long distance so the proximity to our home was appealing, the attractive, various pool areas including a lazy river, and the fact that we could bring our small dogs were a bonus.

For the "holiday pricing" that we had to pay, we should have flown somewhere that was worthy of our money or stayed at a Ritz Carlton where we would have been treated like valued customers. Here is a snapshot of our experience:

Arrived early evening (5:30 pm) and went to park in front of our cabin. There were cars parked on each side of the cabin and no distinctly "marked" spaces so we wanted to make sure that one of the spaces was ours. Looked on the room key cards, the envelope carrying the room key cards, the check-in maps detailing our location, and the activity guide (all the paperwork given to us at check in) for a phone number to contact the front desk to ask but none was found. I had to search the internet to find the phone number for the resort. We had to park along the curb temporarily to unload the car and wait until someone moved from taking up both spots.

During unpacking for the long weekend, I opened the refrigerator to find the mini ice box frozen over with 1" of ice and the interior space luke warm. I went to use the room phone to call maintenance and got no dial tone. I had to call the front desk from my cell phone again.

I noticed there was no microwave in the space - did not anticipate a "resort" would have a room that did not automatically have a microwave - so I called to request one and was told "we might be out right now but we will check".

Fortunately, one was located so we could heat our baby bottles and a second refrigerator was brought to us. We allowed the refrigerator to "cool" overnight before using.

Before going to bed, we noticed the white panel doors were filthy with fingerprints and lotion/hair product. The master bedroom door latch was stuck so you could not shut the door, and the deadbolt ball knob that typically is on a hotel door was broken off so there was no additional security method for the night. However, given we had already called 3 times and that we did not want to have to wait for maintenance to repair these items late in the evening with our baby sleeping, we decided to wait until the morning to call to request housekeeping and maintenance.

Upon waking, we went to make coffee. The "individual" coffee maker lid would not stay latched so after starting the brewing process, hot coffee water proceeded to spray all over me and the floor. I was thankful I was not holding my infant! I called room service to request a pot of coffee and the line went to voice mail 3 times before someone answered.

I went to check the refrigerator and found it to be mildly cool - but not anywhere near the temperature that would be safe for milk or milk type products. I proceeded to try to call the front desk from our room phone and once again, it was not working.

I then called 9 times in a row from 7:53 am to 8:35 am from my cell phone along with intermittently trying to use the room phone. The phone would ring, go to voice mail, or drop after a busy signal. I started choosing different options to try to talk to someone with the hotel, anyone at this point. Group reservations/weddings, press 1...went to voice mail; new reservations, press 2...finally a real voice. "Hi, I would like to speak with a manager please" I said. "Is there something I can help with?" the female operator responded. "I would like to discuss the disappointing experience I have had so far at your resort. I have been trying to call the front desk to report being sprayed by hot coffee water this morning but after 9 tries still cannot reach someone." And the response I received is "Sometimes when it is this early in the morning and the front desk is busy checking people in, they transfer the phones to us at a central location. We are not on property." So does this mean to me that because I have already checked in and you already have my money that you are more concerned about new money coming in than taking care of the customers already at your resort?? I hung up from speaking with her and continued to call the front desk. Three more times and I finally reached a person. I asked to speak with a manager and was told "um....one is not available right now." I requested that one call me back within 15 minutes.

When the manager returned my call, I informed him of the events of the prior evening, why he was speaking with me on my cell phone instead of the room phone, the coffee incident, and a 3rd request for a refrigerator. He apologized for my experience so far and kindly offered me 10% off my room price for one night. I was flabbergasted! Are you kidding me? 10% off one night? I told him I had ordered coffee from room service after 3 unanswered rings and I would appreciate not being charged the $10 fee for such. Any other hotel I would have stayed at in the Hilton family, Marriott family, Choice Hotels, etc. would have offered my family a complimentary breakfast in addition to either an entire free night or a much larger discount on the room rate. I wanted to pack up and leave immediately but thought maybe today will be better.

We went to get breakfast at a local restaurant and stopped at the grocery store on our way back so we could make sandwiches to take to the pool with us. We also purchased canned beverages to take and red solo cups so we would not be bringing glass into the pool area.

We waited for maintenance to deliver our refrigerator and then we loaded our belongings and called for a shuttle to take us to the resort pool. We arrived at the pool location only to be told that no outside food or beverage can be brought in. I spoke with a a pool manager and said "we did not see anywhere on your activity guide, check-in information, room information, the website, anywhere that we could not bring in anything. We have an infant and at the least need to be able to bring in formula and food for her. We do have snacks and beverages and if I have to, I can take the shuttle back to our cabin with them." She said that water was fine for the baby and we could go in but we needed to keep everything inside.

After about 20 minutes, our infant was fussy and wanted to fell asleep. I reached into the cooler to get a water to make a bottle and immediately a man came over said that we needed to remove the beer from the premises because he would lose his TABC license. We were not opening the beer, I was moving it to get a bottled water. We had already purchased four beers from the hotel concession area. We packed up and left the pool area. We relocated to an area between the hotel and the lake/beach. Finally, we were able to eat our sandwiches and finish the alcoholic beverage purchased at the pool which was now warm. Most water parks around town allow outside food and beverage to be brought in and if not, have their regulations posted easily for everyone to see...BEFORE carrying everything to the pool. I understand the request to purchase alcohol from their bar and had done just that but I guess that didn't matter.

After a few hours on the beach, we wanted to go back to the cabin. With a tired infant, a loaded cooler, and two bags of beach towels and pool gear, we headed to the valet desk. We waited about 5 minutes for someone to ask if we had been helped. We told them we needed a shuttle back to our cabin and they said they would call one. Ten minutes later two other employees asked if we had been helped. We said we were waiting on the shuttle. Finally, a man in a suit went into the back and gave one of the valet keys to a white Tahoe and he ran across the front parking area, got into the white car, and came over to get us. The entire 20 minutes we waited, this car just sat over there. At no time did any of the valets try to get the keys or go to get this car even after asking us several times if we were helped. The young man driving us back told us this weekend was the busiest he had ever seen and he worked there for many years. Lucky us I thought...

When I received our bill the next morning, there were two room charges on it that were much less than the amount I booked online and then I noticed a "charge" for the 10% discount. I am still trying to figure out why you would not charge me the room rates I agreed to online and then "credit" me the 10% offered rather than bill me a "promotional room rate" and then bill me the 10% discount.

I will not be recommending this "resort" to any of my friends, co-workers, or acquaintances. The value of your dollar is much better spent elsewhere - lazy river or not.

Room Tip: The king bed cabin was very spacious. It was nice having a separate room for the dining, desk, and...
5 Thank LMag93
Thank you very much for your detailed account of your recent stay. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your recent stay. Please know that this is not standard of our service values here at La Torretta. It is accounts like yours that will allow us to visit with our maintenance, housekeeping and food and beverage teams so that we can correct these issues and improve the overall guest experience. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please email us at managingdirector@latorrettalakeresort.c om. Again, we apologize for clearly missing the mark during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Montgomery hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
Embassy Suites by Hilton The Woodlands at Hughes Landing
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North

Been to La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!