“Country Dining”

Phil's Roadhouse & Grill
Ranked #10 of 85 Restaurants in Montgomery
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

There are not a lot of options for dinner out in Montgomery unless you want Mexican food, and we had almost forgotten about this little place tucked away off of 149 and 105. We stopped in one Saturday night and were glad we did. Terrific chicken fried steak.

There are newer reviews for Phil's Roadhouse & Grill

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have now eaten at Phil's twice, and I would definitely return again! We timed it better the second time so the wait was not long at all. The onion rings are freshly battered and fried. My daughter and I split a hamburger because neither one of us thought we were that hungry, but after scarfing down my half, I would have certainly finished a whole. It was a GREAT burger!! The kids loved their chicken strips and fries! Our wait person was very kind and attended us well. This is the place to go for comfort food!!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Having been to Phil's a numbr of times I feel the need to share.. every item ordered and eaten has been YUMMY!!. Soups, burgers, sandwiches, salads, quesadillas, chicken fried steak... all plentiful, full of flavor and well priced.
The staff is super friendly, but lunch service is a little slow.. especially if you have only an hour. Dinner service seems to move faster than lunch.
Sit and dine or call in for pick up, either way you will not be dissappointed.
I think I will place an order now, my mouth is watering for some chicken torilla soup, with a dab of sour cream!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I am a resident of Montgomery who hasn't been to Phil's in about 2 years. When we went there tonight we had a truly memorable experience. Everything was terrific. We were greeted cheerfully and seated promptly. Donna was our waitress and she was cheerful and helpful and unobtrusive all night long. Harbin is the chef and general manager who was very present on the floor making certain that each of his guests had a great dining experience. He had specific suggestions regarding everything from beer to appetizers to entrees and every one of his recommendations were "spot-on". I had fried jalapenos for an appetizer, a Caesar salad with homemade Caesar dressing and unbelievable homemade croutons. I had a medium rare prime rib that almost melted in my mouth for an entrée. The homemade Au Jus was so good I could have just dipped bread into it all night long and been happy. The other 4 members of our party had a variety of hamburgers and chicken sandwiches and they were raving about them as well. If anybody asks me what was better, the food or the service I'm just gonna say "Yes". If you're in the area and hungry, don't pass this place up!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had a wonderful fried chicken dinner special. Homemade rolls (fattening) and no room for dessert. Our waitress told us the banana pudding was her favorite. Texan atmosphere - fun place.