“Embarassed that I brought my Friends and Family to this Villa.”
Review of Villas on the Lake

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Villas on the Lake
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I read all the reviews, but found a good deal on a 3 bedroom villa. I decided to have an open mind and booked a room anyway. My husband and I arrived first out of our party and I was embarassed at the appearance of the place. There was rotting wood and peeling paint on the decks, and on the villas. Our 3 bedroom villa did have the space, but was very outdated and not very clean. The carpet was horrendous, stained and dirty (walked on it with white socks, they were black when I took them off). Just FYI: They share their pool and hot tub with an apartment complex next door. They do have a dock on Lake Conroe, but there is no access to water except if you have a boat no swimming or beach area. Never will I come here again, please head the warnings of the reviews.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MandM317

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Before our stay, I read the reviews and was really worried. Once we arrived, I quickly felt at home. The Villa was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The only downfall in my opinion was there was no dvd player only an out-dated vcr, but we brought a gaming console with us and connected it to the rca jacks on the vcr which made it possible to watch dvds. The lake was within 100 feet of our villa. Shopping is very close and easy to find. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were there at the end of August until Septemer 3, 2011 for one week. It was the worst place that we have ever stayed at bar none. We were the only people in a building of six condos. They were dirty and the bathrooms were the worse. You could not adjust your water in the shower. It was either hot or cold. We were moved to another condo and it was just like the one we were in. The beds were old and the sheets were yellow from years of use. On our last night there I was woke up at 5am by people out side talking. This went on for 30 minutes and we could never see anyone. Needless to say we did not feel safe being there. I would never go back to this place. We left a 7 am that morning just to get away from there.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Carolyn719
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Like most of the reviews, I have to agree that the rooms are a bit outdated and it shows. However, it does appear that they try to keep the rooms and property clean and maintained. There's just a point when something really needs to be replaced versus cleaned (i.e. The carpet). Overall, my family had a nice stay here. The location is quiet and close to lots of restaurants. The pools were clean and the rooms were spacious. I didn't see many other lodging options and the Lake Conroe area is far enough away from the busy city, but close enough to enjoy all of the amenities. Keep your expectations in check and you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank JRIZ
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We have stayed in many condos, some luxurious, some basic, but this has to be the worst ever. The living room furniture looked like it had been rescued from the junk heap. We would not sit on the chairs because they were so filthy. when we complained we were given extra sheets to put on them. The pools were ok but one had a lot of algae on the sides. We had driven all the way from NC to spend a week here and I can't begin to express our dissapointment

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Puterface
Reviewed 9 July 2010

Well I was on this trip with my husband it was our birthday week and we wanted to spend it in the new city (HOUSTON) which we are going to be moving to in the next few months so why not use our timeshare to do so, well there was nothing in Houston so they said this was the closest so we chose it, on the website it looked okay nothing fancy, and modern which we both are use to but we said those were old pictures from like the late 1990's to early 2000 so the place should look a lot different by now. OH was we WRONG.. we reached the villas and we walked into the lobby to check in and from there I was already having that nervous feeling in my stomach, it was old and looked like a lobby to a old motel, so not the Marriotts or Hiltons, our room was not ready yet and we had to wait about 15 mins so once we got our keys we headed to the room, once we opened the door it looked like the pictures on the website, literally. But OLD>>> so we drop our bags and my husband and i started going over the list of everything that is in the kitchen (EVERYONE WHO DOES TIMESHARES KNOWS THE LIST...LOL CASUE IF ANYTHING IS MISSING OFF THAT LIST WHEN YOU CHECKOUT U WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR A REPLACEMENT AND SOMETHING THAT COST $1.00 CAN COST NOW $20.00) so my husband opens the refrigerator door and the dame handle completely come unattached. I was looked at him and said what did you do he says nothing just opening the fridge he looks at it and saw that this was something that a previous visitor did cause there was superglue residue from when they tried to fix it. We both just looked at each other and could not help it and laughed, then I tried to call the lobby to inform them so we won't be the ones blamed for it, the phones did not work had a dial tone but was not able to dial anything, the furniture here was horrible stains, on chairs and sofas, beds that was very uncomfortable, the linens was even horrible they smelled OLD, there was no WIFI no internet access now come on who has no internet access these days, but all in all there was some good things it was very spacious for me and my husband,was very quiet and peaceful great for relaxing, the area CONROE was a great place lots of stores one was WALMART as long as there is one I am good..lol and the lake is right there we did get to enjoy jet skiing for the first time that was so awesome so if you are looking for a modern and fancy and all the up to date living like we all are then this is not the place for you..

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CCCruz98
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Couldn't believe how badly it has been maintained. No shades on the tall windows, to tall for us to cover up with towels or something. As soon as the sun came up, it woke all of us up. Nasty rust looking stuff started coming into the water, bathrooms & kitchen sink the last 2 days of our stay. Old run down couch & chairs. We fought roaches & ants. We were ready to leave on a Sunday. There's a sign on the office window stating when they are open, which says they're open on Sunday. So we waited & waited, finally started making calls. Found out they are closed on Sundays. They should change their sign. But the staff is very friendly. It's a quiet place. Pool was nice.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family