“Can't wait to come back!!!!”
Review of Villas on the Lake

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Villas on the Lake
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

I love this place! I sat on the dock every night for a week with friends. The cleanliness now is 10 times better that what old posts are saying. The staff? Never saw them... Which is my preference. I could have called them but didn't need them. The pool is beautiful and clean, although a bit small. It is a bit far in from the main highway, but soooooooo worth it! Come on out! I will definitely be back...soon!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Sparks197

Reviewed 19 May 2012

This place is alright if you just want a restful sleep. TV is tube era. You have to wash your dirty towels. Will be our last stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank jcdalman
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I read all the reviews, but found a good deal on a 3 bedroom villa. I decided to have an open mind and booked a room anyway. My husband and I arrived first out of our party and I was embarassed at the appearance of the place. There was rotting wood and peeling paint on the decks, and on the villas. Our 3 bedroom villa did have the space, but was very outdated and not very clean. The carpet was horrendous, stained and dirty (walked on it with white socks, they were black when I took them off). Just FYI: They share their pool and hot tub with an apartment complex next door. They do have a dock on Lake Conroe, but there is no access to water except if you have a boat no swimming or beach area. Never will I come here again, please head the warnings of the reviews.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MandM317
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Before our stay, I read the reviews and was really worried. Once we arrived, I quickly felt at home. The Villa was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The only downfall in my opinion was there was no dvd player only an out-dated vcr, but we brought a gaming console with us and connected it to the rca jacks on the vcr which made it possible to watch dvds. The lake was within 100 feet of our villa. Shopping is very close and easy to find. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Stephanie C
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were there at the end of August until Septemer 3, 2011 for one week. It was the worst place that we have ever stayed at bar none. We were the only people in a building of six condos. They were dirty and the bathrooms were the worse. You could not adjust your water in the shower. It was either hot or cold. We were moved to another condo and it was just like the one we were in. The beds were old and the sheets were yellow from years of use. On our last night there I was woke up at 5am by people out side talking. This went on for 30 minutes and we could never see anyone. Needless to say we did not feel safe being there. I would never go back to this place. We left a 7 am that morning just to get away from there.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Carolyn719
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Like most of the reviews, I have to agree that the rooms are a bit outdated and it shows. However, it does appear that they try to keep the rooms and property clean and maintained. There's just a point when something really needs to be replaced versus cleaned (i.e. The carpet). Overall, my family had a nice stay here. The location is quiet and close to lots of restaurants. The pools were clean and the rooms were spacious. I didn't see many other lodging options and the Lake Conroe area is far enough away from the busy city, but close enough to enjoy all of the amenities. Keep your expectations in check and you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank JRIZ
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We have stayed in many condos, some luxurious, some basic, but this has to be the worst ever. The living room furniture looked like it had been rescued from the junk heap. We would not sit on the chairs because they were so filthy. when we complained we were given extra sheets to put on them. The pools were ok but one had a lot of algae on the sides. We had driven all the way from NC to spend a week here and I can't begin to express our dissapointment

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family