“Needs a lot of work”
Review of Villas on the Lake

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montgomery
Villas on the Lake
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
San Antonio, Texas
“Needs a lot of work”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Spent a week here in August with friends. We were not expecting luxury, so we made the most of it. We rented 2 of their 3-story/3-bedroom/31/2 baths condos, next door to each other. The condos are roomy and no doubt were once quite nice, but that was a long time ago. The walls were due for a fresh coat of paint years ago and the carpeting is way past its useful life. The kitchen appliances and utensils were on their last legs. The staff was friendly, but there was just so much they could do. They did clean the pool when I asked them to and were very nice about it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Sonia B

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

I love this place! I sat on the dock every night for a week with friends. The cleanliness now is 10 times better that what old posts are saying. The staff? Never saw them... Which is my preference. I could have called them but didn't need them. The pool is beautiful and clean, although a bit small. It is a bit far in from the main highway, but soooooooo worth it! Come on out! I will definitely be back...soon!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank Sparks197
Oxnard, California
Reviewed 19 May 2012

This place is alright if you just want a restful sleep. TV is tube era. You have to wash your dirty towels. Will be our last stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jcdalman

Travellers are raving about these Montgomery hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I read all the reviews, but found a good deal on a 3 bedroom villa. I decided to have an open mind and booked a room anyway. My husband and I arrived first out of our party and I was embarassed at the appearance of the place. There was rotting wood and peeling paint on the decks, and on the villas. Our 3 bedroom villa did have the space, but was very outdated and not very clean. The carpet was horrendous, stained and dirty (walked on it with white socks, they were black when I took them off). Just FYI: They share their pool and hot tub with an apartment complex next door. They do have a dock on Lake Conroe, but there is no access to water except if you have a boat no swimming or beach area. Never will I come here again, please head the warnings of the reviews.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank MandM317
Pasadena, Texas, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Before our stay, I read the reviews and was really worried. Once we arrived, I quickly felt at home. The Villa was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The only downfall in my opinion was there was no dvd player only an out-dated vcr, but we brought a gaming console with us and connected it to the rca jacks on the vcr which made it possible to watch dvds. The lake was within 100 feet of our villa. Shopping is very close and easy to find. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Stephanie C
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We were there at the end of August until Septemer 3, 2011 for one week. It was the worst place that we have ever stayed at bar none. We were the only people in a building of six condos. They were dirty and the bathrooms were the worse. You could not adjust your water in the shower. It was either hot or cold. We were moved to another condo and it was just like the one we were in. The beds were old and the sheets were yellow from years of use. On our last night there I was woke up at 5am by people out side talking. This went on for 30 minutes and we could never see anyone. Needless to say we did not feel safe being there. I would never go back to this place. We left a 7 am that morning just to get away from there.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Carolyn719
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Like most of the reviews, I have to agree that the rooms are a bit outdated and it shows. However, it does appear that they try to keep the rooms and property clean and maintained. There's just a point when something really needs to be replaced versus cleaned (i.e. The carpet). Overall, my family had a nice stay here. The location is quiet and close to lots of restaurants. The pools were clean and the rooms were spacious. I didn't see many other lodging options and the Lake Conroe area is far enough away from the busy city, but close enough to enjoy all of the amenities. Keep your expectations in check and you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank JRIZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
WoodSpring Suites Conroe
WoodSpring Suites Conroe
#226 of 506 in Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North

Been to Villas on the Lake? Share your experiences!