“a short stay mostly pleasant”

Best Western Lake Conroe Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Montgomery
Houston, United States
“a short stay mostly pleasant”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Overall the hotel was a good deal. Rate was very good. Rooms were clean. Staff was pleasant. Only 1 thing marred the stay. My wife was not happy about a roach that she found crawling on her. No other bugs were seen at all during our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ajay A, General Manager at Best Western Lake Conroe Inn, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Ronald F,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 936-588-3030.

Mr. Ajay Ahir
BEST WESTERN Lake Conroe Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
st. louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel was very clean. The internet was a little shabby, but I got my work done. The hotel is just across the highway from Lake Conroe. Enjoyed a great stroll along the lake at the local public park.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mark B,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 936-588-3030.

Mr. Ajay Ahir
BEST WESTERN Lake Conroe Inn
Wichita Falls, United States
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Hot water did not work properly in sink or shower, smoke alarm going off every 5 min. had to disconnect to stop it. Very noisy surroundings and A/C unit. Breakfast shoddy. rooms outdated. The beds were not very comfortable and the room is cramped. Ingress and egress to the rooms antiquated only via outside stairs. Saw where other patrons elected to leave after checking and finding their rooms had a bad odor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Rupert C
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I made a reservation when my power went out directly with the hotel. When I called the lady told me she would call me back. I found that strange but waited for her call which did not come. I called her back and she sounded flustered but said there were people that were ahead of me and that I was lucky because I got the last room. I said great and gave her my information. I then asked if I pay when I get there and she said they are not taking cash. I told her that was fine as I did not carry that much cash around anyway. She asked for my credit card and I gave it to her. I told her that I would be in after 8pm. Well at 7pm my power came on so I called her back to cancel. She informed me there was no cancellation for this night. I told her that she should have told me this, she then started raising her voice and talking over me. I told her calmly that I am not a child and she will not speak to me as such. She kept yelling I told you on the phone that tonight you cannot cancel. I told her she was a liar and had poor customer service skills and hung up. I have since disputed the charges and my bank is 100% behind me. I did not get a service, was treated rudely, and never informed of a cancellation policy.

Room Tip: I have stayed there before as a walk in guest and never had an issue. Rooms were nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Staff is Friendly and knowledgeable about the area Rooms are clean and quiet I have stayed at this Hotel for the past six years as I attend an annual event in Conroe I always go back to this hotel I rate sleep quality as Average but that's just me no bed sleeps like home

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Markham,Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Room was nice and clean, it was a smoking room and even with me being a smoker I found the smell very overwhelming. I think they need to try and minimize the smell in the room as it hits you as soon as you open the door, I won't book a smoking room again, I would much rather stand outside and smoke. The breakfast was well done, everything was warm and fresh and a nice variety. Staff were pleasant, the Motel is situated fairly well, easy access to stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end so you are away from the main road and traffic noise
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 223DavidJ
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

A good hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast was a bit limited for those who came toward the end of the breakfast time, but not bad on the whole. The main concern is safe access from the busy highway. A lot of care is needed getting into the place!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Montgomery
Super 8 Montgomery/ Lake Conroe
La Quinta Inn & Suites Conroe
Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Conroe Near The WoodlandsR
Hampton Inn & Suites Conroe - I-45 North
Days Inn & Suites Conroe North
La Torretta Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Best Western Lake Conroe Inn? Share your experiences!