“Great Stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We ended up here unexpectedly. Last minute stay due to automobile issues. Friendly Staff. Good location (a block off the highway). Modern decor, clean and quiet room, great breakfast bar. Would recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MountPleasantHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and we hope that we earn your business again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is the nicest hotel, it was nice from the moment we arrived. Nice Clerk, impressive lobby, the hotel is just clean and inviting. Our room was amazing. Comfortable beds and pillows, nice linens, and the breakfast was amazing, we have had lots of hotel breakfasts, this was about the best ever.

Stayed August 2014
Monique A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Awesome! We are hoping that every guest who walks in the door has the same experience you had on this trip. We are thankful for the kind words and hope to see you again.

Monique
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

More than I expected. Very clean, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, TV offered plenty of channels, toiletries were from Bath and Body Works, and rooms were quiet. Very nice breakfast variety. Kids loved the pancake machine. Will look for these hotels in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MountPleasantHotels, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, we appreciate your time and look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel last night. I was checked in by Emilio who was very friendly and happily answered all my questions. Checkout was fast with April, she too was also friendly. Both these staff members were young and nice, they seem to be trained adequately. They also give a fresh young vibe to the hotel.
I would definitely stay here again, rooms are very clean and comfortable.
Very quiet hotel I must say.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
LaQuinta P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I am very pleased that two of my newest members were able to make a great impression on you during your stay. I will make sure to forward your review to our corporate office. Thank you so much!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2014

You can tell this hotel cares about the way they look. Everything is spotless from the time you walk in the door. My room was very clean, the hotel looks to be at least 5-10 years old but I have seen newer that was not nearly has clean as this one. The staff was very friendly as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
LaQuinta P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for your response! We value your opinion and are very grateful that we were able to meet your needs. Look forward to your visit again.

Monique
Nacogdoches, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed in a lot of HIX properties and this one didn't meet the standard that I'm used to in HIX.

Positive: nice entry area and good breakfast and convenient access to the business center (connected with breakfast area). I liked the overly large computer display. Also the front desk clerk was very helpful and accommodating. This property is located next door to Applebees and right off the main highway. Fitness center was simple (do wish there were free weights). The rooms were nice.

Negative: I stayed on the ground floor for 3 nights and couldn't tell if the hallway had been vacuumed at all during my stay. I noticed a coachroach that had been killed in the middle of the carpet area and remained for at least 2 days. The drive-thru had a light 'out' when I drove up on Day 1 & kept the outside area fairly dark (don't know if it got changed during my stay for I used the back entrance after check-in). In using the backside entrance, I noticed a bag of trash (I think it was Applebee's To Go order leftover) that stayed 'on top' of the trashcan for at least 2 days - this trash can was right beside the rear entrance door. I noticed they did not like to re-change towels but wanted us to re-use them (they left a notice in the bathroom). We had 5 in our party and so when they 'did' clean up the towels, they would leave only 1 with no hand towels. We had to go to the front desk to get extra towels. (first time I've had this experience at a HIX).

Needless to say, I was unimpressed with this HIX property and will plan to choose or request other accommodations.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank STEPHEN H
LaQuinta P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Mr. H,

Extremely dissappointed to have left a impression like this with you. I am certainly surprised to hear that you question our staff on cleanliness on a daily basis. I would first want to make sure that all our guest know that staying extremely clean is a Top Priority with each of us working here daily. I will review your comments with my Housekeeping staff and make sure that they are aware of your impression. We would want every guest to feel that they are in a very clean, well kept environment when choosing us as their hotel of choice while visiting Mount Pleasant. Couple of items you mention, we clean the carpets daily and this is typically done around 1-3pm after all guest have checked out. Since we are in a area that has many construction workers who track dirt in and out through out their evening and day shifts. We have found this time of day to make the best since. We also have no problems with providing towels to any guest who wants them or require more. Many hotels try and offer a alternative to conserving energy and water by offering those guest who want to participate. We give them the option that if they do not want their linen changed to leave the card in that area so that the housekeeping honor their wishes. This is in no way to be taken that we do not want to provide fresh linen or towels but an option for those guest who do not see a need to have their items changed out every day. I will also ask that our maintenance and front desk staff do a walk of the back area parking lot for any left over garbage being left from guest cleaning out their cars or rooms when leaving the property.

Since we value all guest feedback, we will use yours as a learning experience and find ways to continue to improve our service to our future guest. I would hope that everyone reviewing the reviews will take a moment and read the many other ones we have that certainly prove we are what guest should be expecting from a IHG - Holiday Inn Express brand.

If you would like to further discuss your stay and have any additional feedback that can also help us improve then please email me at monique.amador@newcrestimage.com or contact the hotel directly at 903-577-3800.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 February 2014

This was a wonderful hotel that we stopped at en route to Texas. The room was comfortable and clean. Even though I grabbed this on priceline. I was able to get double beds for me and my parents. They also made sure we were on the first floor, and put us in a room close to the outer doors. My mother has Alzheimer's so any little thing that is done makes a big difference for us. We all slept very well and the next day we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. I loved they had trays to take breakfast back to the room, it's easier to sometimes feed her where she is then trying to move her around. Thanks so much. If i'm ever back in Mt. Pleasant, i'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
LaQuinta P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
I am glad to hear my staff made sure to make your stay comfortable for yourself and your family. We are very thankful for your kind words and taking time out to provide your feedback. I hope that we earn your business again when you travel through. Have a wonderful weekend!

Monique Amador