“Pet Tolerant More Than Pet Friendly”

Super 8 Mount Vernon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I expect Super 8 to be a value motel, and that was what I got with this room. My only complaints were that, as is usually the case with value motels, my non-smoking room reeked of smoke. However, my biggest disappointment is in the pet friendliness of this Super 8. A $20 per night charge is a bit excessive, and to me conveys the message of dog tolerance rather than friendliness. Due to the limited hotel options in Mount Vernon, TX, I will take what I can get, but I would much rather be notified up front that there is such an exorbitant charge for pets rather than have that sprung on me when I am checking in. I saw no notice of this on the website or when I called to notify the front desk of my late arrival for check in.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had a business trip to Mt Vernon and they put me up at this motel. I don't normally stay at a Super 8, but that was what was available. I was very happy to find the unit clean and in good order. I feel it was a very good experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2013

An average facility with no competion in the immediate area. Price was reasonable. Room was as expected for the price. Would stay again if I needed accomodations in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you are looking for a basic room along I30 in Texas to rest for a night and can forgo any special amenities for a good price, you found it. Nothing special or wrong with this motel but it offers a good value.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We used to live outside of MT. Vernon, and were there when this motel was built. We never had a need to stay in a motel until this last weekend. Some friends of ours recommended it and since motels in this area are very limited, we stayed for the night. We were given exactly what we requested, a non-smoking room with a king sized bed on the first floor toward the back side of the motel away from the interstate traffic noise. We found the room very clean and well kept. The free breakfast buffet had Texas State shaped waffles which were very light and very filling. I wish they would have had some type of eggs, but for the size of the motel and the price, the breakfast was very good. We would not hesitate to stay here again when we come back for a visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Vernon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Best Western Trail Dust Inn & Suites
No photo provided
American Inn
#2 of 3 in Mount Vernon

Been to Super 8 Mount Vernon? Share your experiences!