Elm Creek Manor
Hampton.com
US$74
Budget Host Motel(Gainesville)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssocial hourfarm to tablefresh fruitelm creekscavenger huntchocolate covered strawberriesbrisketlocal wineriesbottle of champagnenext morningbeautiful roomprovence suitemunstercottagepropertyprivacypasture
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We stayed at Elm Creek in late April for our annual girls’ getaway. Our group was made up 7 “hurried-moms” who just needed to get away. We found this lovely destination through the magic of Google and it really fit the bill.

Marcia and Brad were wonderful hosts! You must make the time to hear the story of how they met and how their life journey brought them to own and manage this delightful B&B. Marcia works tirelessly in the kitchen preparing food that is indescribably delicious as well as appealing to the eye. And Brad seems to never rest! He takes care of the property and the guests from sun up to sun down ensuring every visit is worth repeating.

Our group was split into two different suites; the Elm Creek Suite and Provence Suite. The Elm Creek Suite was located on the third floor and had some tricky stairs, but was comfortable and decorated with true English Manor details. Four of us slept in that spacious suite; two in a queen bed, one on a day bed, and one on a trundle. The beds were most comfortable and the linens were amazing! We all slept great. The Provence Suite was separate from the main house. Three ladies from our group slept there; two sharing a king bed and another on a day bed. Since it had a small patio and the weather was great, we opted to spend our free time there. It was also adjacent to the pool where we spent our Saturday afternoon.

And speaking of the pool – the morning started off chilly, so we started in the hot tub which was the perfect way to spend time before and after our massages. Then we spent a sunny afternoon lounging by the pool relaxing, without a care in the world. Speaking of massages, the spa is quaint and perfect for pampering. There is a small workout room, but we decided to take it easy, and opted not to break a sweat. We all had massages ranging from 40-80 minutes and they were all wonderful!

I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the fabulous food. We had the option of having breakfast delivered to our rooms or eating as a group. We dined on fine quiches, fresh fruit, fruit turnovers and pastries. Delicious! On both Friday and Saturday, we enjoyed the social hour with about 8-10 different cheeses all hand made by Marcia. Of course, the wines offered paired wonderfully. But the highlight of the weekend was Saturday’s dinner. You can tell it’s a labor of love for Marcia. Her European culinary training is evident in her plated masterpieces. (I definitely do not possess a gourmet vocabulary, so please excuse my lame descriptions of such wonderful food. I will not do them justice.) Our table enjoyed crabcakes, mushrooms, filets, ribeyes, crusted tilapia, poached pears, onion tarts, and the best dessert we have ever had! It was a full three hours of gastronomic delight! We loved it.

While there, we were the only girls’ group. Several other guests were there celebrating wedding days, anniversaries, or romantic weekends. But Marcia and Brad made us feel extremely welcome and spoiled. If you enjoy fine food, spa pampering and beautiful grounds, you will also enjoy Elm Creek like we did.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lil-lisav
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Brad and Marcia pay strict attention to all details at Elm Creek Manor to insure your stay is perfection! The Manor is filled with beautiful antiques, the spaces provided for guests is inviting and private should you so desire. The food is farm to table and is mouthwatering perfection. We enjoyed the fresh and hot full breakfast delivered every morning by Brad and his attention to detail was impressive. Both Marcia and Brad are working nonstop yet as guests we never felt hurried in the middle of was sure to feel chaotic at times to them. They clearly love what they provide for the guests at Elm Creek Manor. When you feel the need to escape the hustle and bustle of your daily grind, head for the hills of Elm Creek Manor.
You will come home rejuvenated and rested'

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This place exceeded our expectations. The grounds are immaculate, and the food (from "farm to table") is the most purely organic preparation I've ever had, and certainly a culinary experience that was delightful---comparable to 5 Star restaurants. If you like sustainability, and true organic farming, you will not only be fulfilled, but impressed. The massage therapists were top notch, and Brad and Marcia (the inn keepers) were engaging and made our stay world-class.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I spent my birthday at the Elm Creek Manor and will never forget it! My mom and daughter and I stayed in the Provence Suite and chose the "Girls Slumber Party" package. We each had a Swedish massage that was incredible. They even served us hot-mulled wine and homemade cheeses in the gorgeous spa.

There were homemade chocolate dipped strawberries and champage on ice when we got to our beautiful room. Everything was spotless...I mean really, really clean! And the bed was extremely comfortable...top notch bedding.

The social hour was nice and the 5-course dinner was excellent! Everything was made in their kitchen...from appetizer cheeses to dessert. The food was gourmet and absolutely perfect!

Yes, the time we spent at the Elm Creek Manor was pricey, but everything, including wine, was included. It was worth every penny! And only an easy hour and a half drive from Dallas into the hill country of Texas. I'll be back!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Booking was kind of a nightmare and mainly my fault, I dont read the fine print and just ASSUME every place is the same. Just BE SURE you read everything before you book. Susie was great and worked with me and I was able to get the exact room I wanted. I spent a little more than I wanted, but that was my fault. Other than that, the place is just what I needed. If youre looking for a night out of the city and want that home warm feeling this is it. We stayed at the Tuscan and enjoyed the hot tub. Only problem we had with the room was the location, its RIGHT up front I was hoping it was buried in the woods from the pictures i saw, and the shower is a little tight but doable for a weekend stay. The food was fantastic and Brad was super sweet. Always checked in on us and made us feel right at home. We did the romantic treasure hunt and had fun with it. I would LOVE to do this for a bachelorette party and take advantage of the spa next time. Overall, thank you Brad and Marcia for a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Didnt get to see the other rooms, but having our own private hot tub was a nice way to relax at night without bothering anyone else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple