“The only place in Nacogdoches for fine Chinese food.”
Review of Szechuan Chinese Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
“The only place in Nacogdoches for fine Chinese food.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We started eating at Szechuan's when it was in Tyler, Texas and were very happy that we had some influence on their opening here in Nacogdoches and we have eaten there ever since. Their Vegetable beef soup is a family favorite. I have never had a bad meal there and their service is very good too.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank David N

New York City, New York
“better than before”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I had lunch here with friends and it was pleasant surprise. I stopped going to this restaurant a few years ago because the food wasn't very good. Now everything seems better or maybe it was just a good day. The dining room is lovely (but empty) and the service was wonderful. Trevor went out of his way to make things terrific for us. Most restaurants in this town suffer from bad service. Overall, I thought this restaurant had improved. The prices at lunch are very low. I will return, which is something I said I would not do in the past.

• Visited May 2014
“Expected More”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Had driven buy the restaurant a million times and always thought it looked promising. Imagine, a Chinese restaurant in East Texas that wasn't a buffet or drive through! Upon visiting I was suprised to be let down. Perhaps its a function of my expectations with the place. I ordered the General Tso's chicken - a pretty standard order - with a side of fried rice. The chicken was ok...thats it ok. I mean it was adequate..singularly unimpressive..indisctict. In fact it was so average that it was bad...I mean at least with a bad meal I can get the satisfaction of having experienced SOMETHING..not in this case...the chicken pieces were too large (a problem if you eat with chopsticks) the sauce had a vaguely sweet flavor without a hint of heat as I have come to expect to counterbalance the sweetness of the dish...in fact I could have had chicken covered in syrup and been equally as uninpressed. All in all a disapointing expereince.

• Visited April 2013
Houston, Texas
“Bargain”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Had the 2 for $19.99 meal which includes an appetizer, soup, entree, and dessert for 2. Great value and decent food :)

Visited November 2012
Union, Kentucky
“Szechuan Restaurant Nacogdoches Texas”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had one meal at the Szechuan Chinese Restaurant in Nacogdoches. We had a party of six and the meal was okay but not outstanding. The wait staff was obviously from Stephen F. Austin University and not particularly well trained in service techniques.

• Visited September 2012