“Second only to home.”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Nacogdoches, Texas, United States
“Second only to home.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. I recently stayed there over night just to get away. And I was amazed. The staff was super friendly. But the most notable aspect was the most important, the room. The room was fantastic, large, in pristine condition, and quite welcoming. I slept like a baby. If you are in Nacogdoches and looking for a place to stay, I highly recommend holiday inn express. It was a nice stat anyone will enjoy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Spent the night there for our child's orientation into Steven F. Austin University. The hotel is convenient, but nothing special. I found the rates to be about $105.00 per night, but we were charged $150.00. Next time we have to go to Nacogdoches, we'll look for a hotel that has a stable price.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JPD302
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear JPD302,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the confusion surrounding your reservation. Rest assured, this will be looked into and be addressed accordingly. I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vinton, Louisiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

2 night stay on business.
When I arrived, checked in early. Check in was smooth, good customer service. Lobby, halls, and public restroom looked & smelled very clean. Signs all over the hotel stating Hotel was currently being remodeled, I didnt see the work.
My room was on the 3rd floor facing the rear of the hotel, overlooking pool. Room was clean and spacious. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom clean and well stocked. Bottom of bathtub had chip marks and plaster, although it was an eyesore, it didn't bother me. Although I was on the top floor, shower water preesure was decent. I forgot my comb so I followed instructions on the sign in the bathroom directing me to contact the front desk and they would provide me with a complimentary comb. The front desk infomed me they didnt have one. Guess alot of us forgot combs that day.
Hotel was quiet although it was full teenage softball girls there for a SFA camp, well behaved or wore out by SFA coaches.
Breakfast was decent, premade cheese omelet, biscuit, sausage gravy, ham, cinnamon rolls, auto pancake maker. No waffle maker.
If you look out the back of the hotel you will see a deer feeder. Early in the morning or late in the evening you can see deer roaming around.
Overall I enjoyed the stay. One of the better Holiday Inns I have stayed at . I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Outstanding service! I was in town for a business trip, and having never been there before, I was unfamiliar with the local area. The hotel staff were very helpful, and to my delight, they actually knew physical addresses - and gave accurate directions - to various local venues.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

The hotel is under renovation; however, this did not impact my stay at all. Check-in was easy and the staff was East Texas friendly. I used a luggage cart to move my things into the room, which was a great convenience.

The room was large and had nice amenities: small, silent refrigerator, large flat screen TV, 2 bottles of water, comfortable bed, chair, desk chair, and a pull out desk that made for a large work area. There were also plenty of electrical plugs on the desk area and at the base of the lamps on the night stands. Perfect for those of us who need to charge our phones and use them for an alarm clock as well.

The room has a window A/C unit, which I don't mind because the white noise helps me to sleep. The bathroom is standard. They do not use low-flow showerheads, which makes for a great shower and the head is adjustable to several different stream settings. However, because the bathtub does not drain the water fast enough, you will end up standing in 2 or 3 inches of water.

The windows are covered with a sheer curtain as well as a blackout curtain. One note of caution, you need to pull the blackout curtain closed at night because people will be able to see inside the room if only the sheer curtain is used. I noticed this while sitting in the pool area. Also, if noise bothers you, be sure to ask for a room on the back of the hotel away from Highway 59. The field in back of the hotel has a deer feeder and plenty of deer can be seen in the morning.

Breakfast was good, though I only had a banana and cheerios. Having cookies and milk at the end of the day is a plus. The Burger King is convenient. I walked to it on the night of my arrival and brought dinner back to the room. All is all, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel away from Highway 59. It will be quieter and there is a...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

Asked for a quiet room. Was given room facing major thoroughfare. Slept very poorly because of loud trucks throughout the night!

Otherwise a nice typical HIE. Under renovation currently. No noise from that during our brief overnight stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Trip954
Nallely B, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We at the Holiday Inn Express of Nacogdoches strive to make your hotel stay the best experience possible. It is our goal to always honor requests and try to accommodate any guest need. The way our hotel was built is a bit of a challenge due to all the single beds facing the back and the double beds facing the front. Many times the need for a double supersedes the need to be facing away from the highway so it is evident that we dropped the ball by not giving you the option to change room types. I truly do thank you for your comment for it is the only way we can change the path we have been following in order to better serve our guests. That being said, I have forwarded your comments to the rest of the staff and have instructed everyone to always give that option to a guest, especially when they have made a specific request such as yours.
Again thank you and best wishes to you. I hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you again when you travel to Nacogodches.
Richmond, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed here overnight, the hotel was under renovation in common areas and this was not mentioned at reservation. Nice breakfast and breakfast area. The bathroom could have used renovation, older tub enclosure, cracked tiles.

Recommend room at back, not facing highway for quiet night's rest.

Room Tip: Facing back of hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear DeeSteve Travels,
I want to thank you for your most recent review of our property. I am so disappointed that my reservation agents did not tell you in advance about the renovation project underway. It has been our goal throughout this remodel to make sure every guest is aware of the renovation work before they book the reservation. I have made a special announcement online and my phone agents are aware that they must make that announcement to all our guests before they book. I would love to be able to talk about this with you and research what happened. If you would like I would love to talk to you about this in order to get a two thumbs up from you on your next visit to Nacogdoches. Thank you for taking the time to review us. My email is nbriones@suddenlinkmail.com I look forward to hearing from you soon.