“Consistently Good”

Clear Springs Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Nacogdoches
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nested in the middle of the Piney Woods of East Texas, this Clear Springs location occupies what once was the first refrigerated warehouse West of the Mississippi River. Located next to a busy rail yard, this warehouse was ideal for getting food and supplies to people all over Texas and the United States. Stop in and see history on the walls and enjoy the Best Fried Catfish in Texas as voted by Texas Highways Magazine.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hubby and I like to eat here especially after church. I usually choose the grilled shrimp, grilled fish with a tasty sauce, or shrimp brochette. We both really like the crawfish chowder. I must east gluten free so order the flavorful green beans and cole slaw. Hubby enjoys the onion rings and fried fish, oysters, and shrimp. Service is usually good. Prices are a little high depending on your choices.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the catfish and shrimp combination plate and everything on it was perfect and my wife had the chicken strip dinner and it was perfect. We have been here several times and it is always good. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Typically I find that restaurants in the Nac/Lufkin area to be mediocre at best but Clear Springs is an wonderful exception. I've eaten there several times over the last year and it has been a consistently pleasant experience. The chicken fried steak is awesome, the steaks great and the seafood well prepared and flavorful. I have not run across a menu item that I haven't liked yet. Don't be fooled by what appears to be a full parking lot by the way, this place always seems full but I have never had to wait more that five minutes for a table and the service is always great. As far as dining for the area goes this place is top notch.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The onion rings rock! The shrimp tacos were good as well.
It gets crowed, call ahead for reservations on weekends.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I ordered the grilled pork chop. It had a spongy texture and was extremely salty. The next day when I looked at the leftovers, I was amazed to see that the "pork chop" was actually some kind of pressed product composed of fat and a honeycomb of cartilage. Disgusting! It didn't have one fibre of meat and had a sawed off rib bone with the vertebrae stuck into the cartilage in a way that was entirely unnatural. I don't think I'll eat pork again for a long time or ever return to this restaurant.