“The worst Hotel I have ever been too.”

Americas Best Value Inn - Nacogdoches
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Vidor, Texas
“The worst Hotel I have ever been too.”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I didn't even get checked in.
We booked a room, their Jacuzzi Suite through Hotwire previously. On arrival (at 11:00pm) I woke the night clerk and asked for our room. The clerk behaved like he was doing me a favor just by talking to me. I was told the room was already rented out and he acted like he wanted me to beg for a different room.
I left before a serious scene could develop.

Stay anywhere else but this place. It isn't worth the aggravation.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Mark_Opelousas
Vinubhai P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2010

No breakfast, no drink making facilities, only one bedside table therefore only one light, no easy chair, no main room light. Poor value. In the past I have sought out ABVIs as preferred motels and never been disappointed, but after this stay I shall be more circumspect.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZoomScreech
Kaleish, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, 22 May 2011
Thank you for contacting Americas Best Value Inn. I would like to to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time in advising us of your dissatisfaction. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing good service and quality accommodations at affordable prices. We hope you will give us an opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Management

Travellers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

milkfu
Reviewed 13 February 2010

I went to priceline.com to book a room and I chose Americas Best Value Inn-Nacogdoches that was the first mistake. The room was nasty, ceiling had mold, the tv had a bad picture, the carpet was dirty. I called priceline to make a complaint and they where able to get me another room & it was just as bad also the heater didn't work. I'll never stay in Americas Best Value Inn-Nacogdoches again & I don't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank milkfu
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 2 February 2010

This hotel was just on the North side of Nacogdoches, on BUS US 59. Just a short drive South you could find just about anything you could want to eat. The room I had was very good. A few minor cosmetic flaws, but they had a regular maintenance man who stayed busy while I was there on another room. I stayed on a Tuesday, not a busy day, but I got the best sleep I had in a few nights. It was very quiet. Free WiFi worked well, I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Louisiana
Reviewed 3 September 2008

I made reservations at the inn to escape Hurricane Gustov. When we arrived at the inn on Monday morning, we were very leery by the outside look of the inn. On the building itself, it has a sign which reads "motel." it is very old looking and run down. It looked like a very unsafe place to stay. When we walked into the very small front office (there is no lobby), there was no one there to greet us. After a few minutes, a man of foreign decent walked out of a small office. He was wearing pajama pants, a thin, dingy white t-shirt and slippers. He knew approximately 10 words of the english language. He said yesterday, August 31st, he received the reservations roster by fax from the home office, but all the rooms were already full. He said he should have a room available at noon and asked if we could come back at that time.

As we left the office and began discussing the situation, we felt very uneasy about staying there. We knew prior to leaving home, all other hotels in the Nacogdoches area were completely booked. We drove down the street to a Days Inn in attempts of finding a room. Luckily, someone checked out a day early, and we were able to obtain a room. The look of the inn and the greeting we received from the employees was much more impressive than of Americas Best. When it comes to finding a good, comfortable, safe place to stay with your children, first impression is very important.

I knew I would be charged for one nights stay in Americas Best Value, because I exceeded the cancellation time for September 1st. I didn't care. I called the 800 number and cancelled my reservations for September 2nd. During my conversation with your employee, I told her about my experience. She did not offer an apology.

I am sure most of their inns throughout the country are pretty descent, but this one is not. It is a bad reflection and I would be very hesitant to ever book at stay at any of their other establishments.

Stayed September 2008