“Very spacious!”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Houston, Texas
“Very spacious!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

So, I'm quite shocked at all of the negative reviews. None of these complaints did I experience! The owners were lovely and very friendly. The husband even told me where to find the best Italian food in Nac (he's of Italian decent). The wife introduced her dog to my cousin and I. Lol, very friendly couple. The building is being renovated at the moment and while I stayed there, however it wasn't noisy. The room was incredibly spacious, i loved the peaked ceilings. The bed was comfy and the chairs were surprisingly comfy as well. The decor had a country feel to it but it wasn't modern or updated. However, I was easily able to overlook that because the room was exceptionally large. I reserved the queen room. It wasn't a suite but it felt like it. The only cons that i had were that the tub needs to be updated as well as the tv. It wasn't a flat screen! :'(. Anyway, if you want a comfy place to sleep and a clean, large room w/out purchasing a suite, this is a great find.

• Stayed June 2014
ABVI-KATHERINE, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Nacogdoches, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
DEAR Traveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We certainly hope you and your family return to visit us when our remodelling is completed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I got sent over here when the Best Western Northpark lost my reservation. The clerk there was frankly unhelpful and unapologetic, but she did get me a room here.

I'm seeing horrid reviews on this site for this hotel and am bound to say that my experience wasn't horrible. I got a clean room at a dirt-cheap price, wi-fi that worked and a decent night's sleep. That said, the property is in a sketchy part of town and the premises are bare-bones dreary. I wasn't very taken by the alternately surly and over-friendly proprietor either.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The owner of this Hotel over charges on tax just to start, he does it all by hand, no computer.

Roaches and Bugs, there is such a gap under and along the opening of the door that bugs can freely enter, and do, roaches crawling the wall and baby roaches always in the tub.

The housekeeper threw a brown paper bag with my food in it, which also contained 3 DVD'S, Upon telling the owner of this, he says sorry, but that did not replace what was chunked out.

It is a dead hotel, bad reputation, few people stay there, as I quickly learned. The room was clean and had a cold fridge, but the bugs gotta go!!! And get a housekeeper that looks further into things before throwing out food etc....

Room Tip: my suggestion...don't, they are the cheapest hotel for a reason....
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Wendy S

Travellers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Do NOT believe ANYthing you see or read about this hotel! All pictures are fradulent! This hotel was the ABSOLUTE WORST hotel I have EVER been in! Sticky, nasty stains on the carpets! Brown, smoke-tinged walls (in a supposedly non-smoking room), FILTHY room; supposedly NEW & recently RENOVATED! NOT!!! - my husband & I walked in the door, after MULTIPLE attempts to get electronic key to work - and IMMEDIATELY turned around and walked back out! Went to manager and told him room was unacceptable & they charged my account ANYWAY!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at Super 8!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank J16Hefner
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Extremely rude manager and employees. Tried to check in at 11 pm, night person was extremely irritated that he had been awakened. Parking lot had maybe 5 cars in lot, when I ask for a room, he rudely just said NO !.and walked away.

Room Tip: Go to the next available hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Jimmy C
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I travel to Nacogdoches weekly for school and I am always looking for a great deal. The motel offered a 46.00 nightly rate, one I couldnt pass up. The exterior does look dated but that doesnt really bother me. What did frustrate me was the front desk worker who was very rude and disrespectful. He should definately not be in the hospitality busines because he showed none whatsoever! The rooms were updated but the mattress was quite uncomfortable. Also, when I took a shower, there was a clump of hair on the shower wall-ugh! Needless to say, will not be going back again no matter how cheap the room is!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I have traveled to many cities and have stayed at countless amount of hotels and I have never been treated as poorly as I was at this hotel on Sunday October 14th. The manager was very rude. I asked if we can check out an hour later and he screamed NO! I then offered to pay money to stay an hour later explaining to him that my boyfriend took ill and he screamed "you people kept me up all night ringing this door bell". Perhaps some other African American guests did ring his bell all night but not me or my guests. So 5 minutes before check out time, he started to come around to our room to ensure we were checking out on time. He was very very rude and I will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple