“Clean but needs some refreshing”

Comfort Suites Nacogdoches
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Reviewed 7 October 2013

It's a somewhat nice place for a quick stay, not much variety for the "hot" breakfast, should be called a lukewarm breakfast, nice location though easy access to highway 59, front staff was friendly but if you book through Priceline beware it's like pulling teeth if you want to change bed options.

Room Tip: Book with the motel direct don't use a 3rd party
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

I would like to say that we are not like most hotels who serve the same menu 7 days a week!We provide a hot and cold breakfast option at our property, that keeps many guests coming back because of that amenity alone. Our goal is to give each guest the ability to experience a change in the menu during their stay. We certainly understand each guest has their own preference, and we do our best to ensure that we feature a variety of items for our guests daily.

I apologize if we failed to meet your expectations for breakfast, we will continue to listen to our guests, and implement new ideas.

We are looking forward to providing you a better experience the next time you are in town.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Nacogdoches

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed one night after getting my son registered for SFA. It was not far from the school which was a plus. The water speld of chlorine inside the bathtub which i felt was too strong. Overall the room was clean and very nice. We couldn't go swimming due to the inside pool was too cold. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My daughter and (2) granddaughters stayed at the Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, TX in June 2013 to attend orientation at Stephen F. Austin University. We where so ecstatic at the service we received from the staff, cleanliness of the lobby and room, choice of breakfast items, yard maintenance and safe location. Our stay in June was such a pleasure, we stayed at the Comfort Suites again in August along with my husband and son-in-law. Our next stay is scheduled for the end of September.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rose H

Rose H,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I like staying here because the people are very friendly and professional. The housekeeping dept is very friendly and helpful. The cook is AWESOME!! The food is delicious. Everything is clean and the room are very nice. Once I was there and my room smell like tobacco and I call the front desk and immedaitely they move me to another room. The price is very reasonable and everytime I go to Nacogdoches for a visit I stay there. I also had our family to pick this hotel as their logging place doing our family reunion. Thank you Comfort Suites for a nice and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I always stay on the 1st floor if I can but I have stayed on the other floors. The place is great!.T...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your recent comments!

It's always rewarding to hear a satisfied guest feedback. I will be sure to share with our staff. Don't forget to call us directly to book your next stay!

See you soon.

Comfort Suites,
Renee Thomas

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed one night at the Comfort Suites Nacogdoches and found the hotel clean and the staff helpful. My complaint was the water. The smell of chlorine was very strong and left a film after bathing and shampooing. I'm not sure if it was a problem with the hotel or the city, but it was bad enough that I check before staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Courtney,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey!

I'm glad to hear you you enjoyed your stay but had a bad experience with your water/shower. I have never had a guest complaint about our water, so I reached out to our water dept to see what measure they can take to assist us.

We hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards,

Comfort Suites
(936) 560-9900

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We really had a wonderful stay. The front desk people were so helpful and polite. They even called after we got to our rooms to be sure everything was in order. The room was clean and very comfortable, and we slept really well. Breakfast was good, and the facilities were nice. Checkout was easy, and we appreciated a non-smoking facility!! We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Our daughter goes to Stephen F. Austin University (SFA) and we have stayed at this Comfort Suites several times. The price of the room is a good value. I only have a couple of complaints. The A/Cs are right next to the bed and the air flow is not great. The A/C doesn't seem to work correctly when you adjust the A/C down to cool the room. Also, some of the rooms we stayed in the shower curtain is too short for the shower/bathtub and water gets all over the floor.

Room Tip: If you want to stay here when SFA has something on the weekend, you better book early.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your experience, and we are happy to know you've enjoyed Comfort Suites on each visits! I will be sure to share the awesome news with our staff.

We have ordered longer shower curtains, and as soon as they are installed this issue will be corrected. We have also began a project moving beds away from the a/c's to ensure a better circulation.

SFA Parent's receive a discount at our property year round, be sure to inform us that you are a SFA Parent when calling to receive the best available rate for your stays!

Comfort Suites