“Room is Fine, but Internet speed is HORRIBLE!”

Comfort Suites Nacogdoches
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Reviewed 23 October 2013

There is an important thing that every hotel should never overlook and that is internet speed and what speed there would be at peak demand. The Comfort Suites in Nacogdoches is far from being full tonight and the internet is horrible, both wireless and plug in. Not sure what is going on, but definitely should be fixed if business travels expect an overall pleasant experience as we spend numerous hours at the hotel working and needing a decent internet speed. If you can get past the internet speed everything else is fine. Hotel was built in 2008 from what I was told, but you can tell there are some cosmetic things being overlooked like the nice spider webs (real ones) in the lobby in the ceiling in a few of the light bulb bays. My room was fine, spacious, bed comfortable, flat screen style TV and all the other nice things you expect from a newer Comfort Suites. Price is reasonable as well. I'd rate this hotel above average if the internet was not a problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property.

I would like to extend my apologies for not meeting your satisfaction regarding the internet speed. I have notified our technicin , he looked into it and we are up to par! It must have been a rare occurence during your stay.

We certainly understand that high speed imnternet access is one of the most important amentities guests needs, and will continue to do our best to provide great service. We certainly hope you give us another opportunity to serve you, and if there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call me at 936-560-9900.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I was referred to this hotel as my go-to hotel was sold out. I was hesitant to try a new hotel as I am a creature of habit, but I was beyond impressed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were bright, comfortable and had the basic essentials and more. I loved this hotel and will definitely consider it when coming back to the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Reviewed 7 October 2013

It's a somewhat nice place for a quick stay, not much variety for the "hot" breakfast, should be called a lukewarm breakfast, nice location though easy access to highway 59, front staff was friendly but if you book through Priceline beware it's like pulling teeth if you want to change bed options.

Room Tip: Book with the motel direct don't use a 3rd party
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

I would like to say that we are not like most hotels who serve the same menu 7 days a week!We provide a hot and cold breakfast option at our property, that keeps many guests coming back because of that amenity alone. Our goal is to give each guest the ability to experience a change in the menu during their stay. We certainly understand each guest has their own preference, and we do our best to ensure that we feature a variety of items for our guests daily.

I apologize if we failed to meet your expectations for breakfast, we will continue to listen to our guests, and implement new ideas.

We are looking forward to providing you a better experience the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed one night after getting my son registered for SFA. It was not far from the school which was a plus. The water speld of chlorine inside the bathtub which i felt was too strong. Overall the room was clean and very nice. We couldn't go swimming due to the inside pool was too cold. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My daughter and (2) granddaughters stayed at the Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, TX in June 2013 to attend orientation at Stephen F. Austin University. We where so ecstatic at the service we received from the staff, cleanliness of the lobby and room, choice of breakfast items, yard maintenance and safe location. Our stay in June was such a pleasure, we stayed at the Comfort Suites again in August along with my husband and son-in-law. Our next stay is scheduled for the end of September.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rose H

Rose H,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I like staying here because the people are very friendly and professional. The housekeeping dept is very friendly and helpful. The cook is AWESOME!! The food is delicious. Everything is clean and the room are very nice. Once I was there and my room smell like tobacco and I call the front desk and immedaitely they move me to another room. The price is very reasonable and everytime I go to Nacogdoches for a visit I stay there. I also had our family to pick this hotel as their logging place doing our family reunion. Thank you Comfort Suites for a nice and enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: I always stay on the 1st floor if I can but I have stayed on the other floors. The place is great!.T...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
gmtxa63, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Nacogdoches, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for your recent comments!

It's always rewarding to hear a satisfied guest feedback. I will be sure to share with our staff. Don't forget to call us directly to book your next stay!

See you soon.

Comfort Suites,
Renee Thomas

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed one night at the Comfort Suites Nacogdoches and found the hotel clean and the staff helpful. My complaint was the water. The smell of chlorine was very strong and left a film after bathing and shampooing. I'm not sure if it was a problem with the hotel or the city, but it was bad enough that I check before staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Courtney,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey!

I'm glad to hear you you enjoyed your stay but had a bad experience with your water/shower. I have never had a guest complaint about our water, so I reached out to our water dept to see what measure they can take to assist us.

We hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards,