“cheapest...appropriately”

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“cheapest...appropriately”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Negative: Reception area smelled like any city in India (I've been there), as did the breakfast area. Young son of owner or worker sitting barefoot on desk in back. The pool was not working when I got there...would have been nice if I'd known the day before when I mad my reservation. Toilet doesn't flush correctly. Room musty. Internet extremely slow with others there...don't use this for business. After checking in at 1, I worked until 5 when the internet got too slow...asked for a refund, but they would only give me one nite refund (total stay was two nights) which is understandable. However I did have to work at mcdonnalds until they kicked me out. I stayed the night. Bkfst area dirty and slim pickens. Oh, had to pull up on the door handle which banged my wrist into the lock.

Positive: They were cordial and nice about issue and tried to resolve.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tmm9381

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hohenwald, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2012

A tad older, but generally in good repair, always makes me feel welcomed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

We drove 5 hrs for a wedding. Arrived 2 hrs before check in but the staff allowed us to check in early to freshen up. the pool was nice and the breakfast decent. The location was right off 59 and that made it easy to find and was not in the busy part. Being memorial weekend we were happy with that.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank msmith30
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I just spent the last four nights here. Fresh paint, NEW carpet. And the rooms were clean. Not the ritz, but the price is right. They need to upgrade the TV and BKFST. Staff was great too.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank James B
Blanco
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I called and tried to book a room for my wife and son. I called in the evening and talked to the receptionist. I asked for a non smoking with two beds. The lady tried to reserve the room but said she had computer problems. I asked what the price would be and she said it would be $55.00 plus taxs which came out to around $67.00. She told me to call back the next day and they would book the room when the computers come back on. I called and talked to AJ, I'm guessing she was the manager. I told her that I called the night before and tried to reserve a room. She told me they didn't have any rooms except smoking rooms. I asked her to reimburse my card and then she asked me to wait a minute, all of a sudden she found a non smoking room. When my wife and son checked out the price was Now $79.00. She said the difference was the two beds. My wife told her the price isn't the same the girl gave the night before. She would not give us that price. I feel this is very poor customer service. Since my son has two years of school left at SFA, I will not be staying at this hotel. The breakfast was not very well stocked.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank papablanco

Travellers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

Lampasas, Texas
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Hotel was right on our route. Clerk checking us in was very friendly, and was able to assist in a need we had for my disabled son. By the time we arrived it was nearly full, mostly truckers and, possibly, construction workers. But, we did not feel endangered by anyone, and no one was noisy. The room was mostly clean and was roomy. The bad: the carpet was dirty (everything else was clean); the shower was stuck in the on position; the refrigerator had been unplugged and the tray for catching the melted frost was overflowing. Overall a decent place to stay at a reasonable price.
This was a family trip with my husband and disabled son.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Calichiranch
Texas
Reviewed 11 December 2009

Had booked this room along with two others at different hotels until my daughter who is a student at the local university could check them out. Once she had looked at the hotels she called and gave her advice as to where to stay. She said this hotel was dirty, people were not friendly, bathroom looked like it had not been cleaned. After hearing this I called and cancelled hotel, my problem is I lost cancellation number and hotel will not reverse charges.. Was told they tried to call me lie lie lie never missed or received a call from them. Like I said very poor hotel would never stay or book at this or any other Econo Lodge after seeing how they handle customer relations.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple