“Ok this place is clean inside and out.It's on the 224 loop.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Houston, Texas
“Ok this place is clean inside and out.It's on the 224 loop.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Ok..First there are 2 Econo Lodges in this area so this one is the cheaper one with easy RV and Semi truck parking.I stayed 1 night the room was clean and fully equipped..NO BUGS..King size bed with lots of pillows.Desk and end tables,new carpet in room,118...Paid $56.45 total...The outdoor pool was clean the parking lot has lots of lighting and you can park outside your door.Microwave and refrigerator.Ice machine worked..This hotel must have recently painted the building and parking lot...The breakfast was the usual....It could be improved...I will be back if in the area.

Room Tip: Overall this place is ok for a short stay in the area.Price was right and clean..RV and Truck parkin...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here for over a week and we encountered numerous issues. The first day was fine. I noticed the second day they made our bed with the same sheets I threw on the floor. The third day our microwave plate shattered while attempting to make popcorn. I spoke to the front desk clerk and I received no assistance. Everyday the bed was made differently with my own personal sheets thrown on top of the nasty stained hotel sheets. I would not stay here again nor would I ever recommend this dump to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013

Travellers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

Chatteris, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Started as an over night stay , stayed 5 nights . The staff are very helpful , they printed off a things to-do list for us without asking . The rooms are clean and well kept , it's on Hwy 59 but the rooms are well set back so no noise from the road .

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We called to reserve four rooms for one night while traveling home from south Texas. The desk receptionist was extremely helpful, offered exceptional rates and answered all questions. On arrival we found the rooms to appear to have been recently remodeled, clean, well appointed and very comfortable. Obviously an older location, this motel was a pleasant surprise and good value. In addition to the good rooms the breakfast was, while not in any way exceptional, adequate and allowed us to leave full as we headed out. As price is a necessary concern when we travel I am pleased to have discovered this Econo Lodge.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The bed was great! Staff very accommodating and friendly. Breakfast was good, especially the waffles. Only concern, toilet would not flush on first try, had to keep flushing. Parking lot had lots of space for us, since we were pulling a tailor. We left late in the day and returned late at night and never had a parking problem or any one "messing" with our property. This hotel is not close to any shopping, but we were not there for shopping. Will stay here again if we have the need.

Room Tip: Our room was exactly what we asked for: double beds, ground level, and was very quiet. AC worked per...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Diane T
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Negative: Reception area smelled like any city in India (I've been there), as did the breakfast area. Young son of owner or worker sitting barefoot on desk in back. The pool was not working when I got there...would have been nice if I'd known the day before when I mad my reservation. Toilet doesn't flush correctly. Room musty. Internet extremely slow with others there...don't use this for business. After checking in at 1, I worked until 5 when the internet got too slow...asked for a refund, but they would only give me one nite refund (total stay was two nights) which is understandable. However I did have to work at mcdonnalds until they kicked me out. I stayed the night. Bkfst area dirty and slim pickens. Oh, had to pull up on the door handle which banged my wrist into the lock.

Positive: They were cordial and nice about issue and tried to resolve.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tmm9381
Hohenwald, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 June 2012

A tad older, but generally in good repair, always makes me feel welcomed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business