“Not worth the price”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Nacogdoches
Racine, WI
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Not a motel I would recomend. If you are not ready to have your room cleaned at 9 am, it doesn't get cleaned at all. The policy is that the cleaners do not come back to clean later. Husband had to fix toilet at 10 pm, general repairs are needed! It is not a quiet area, between noise from highway and parking lot, I was up most of night.

• Liked — Nothing other than it as a place to sleep
  • Disliked — Too much to list!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Forney
Reviewed 29 September 2008

My parents & I were in town for SFA parents day. If everything in Nacogdoches hadnt been booked, we would not have stayed here. The bathroom was filthy. There was months of dirt in the corners, the shower had been wiped down with what appeared to be toilet tissue with little bits of wet tissue left behind. There were roaches everywhere, it was disgusting. Breakfast was ok, though both days the coffee looked more like weak tea and was not consumable. Both mornings the parking lot was litered with beer bottles, glass and trash, obviously from the parties the night before. This is one of the worst experiences of my travels and I will not return to this location.

• Liked — Seeing it in my rearview mirror when I left.
  • Disliked — Roaches, filth, dirt
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Nacogdoches hotels

College Station, Texas
Reviewed 5 March 2008

I am a young businesswoman, and I was in Nacogdoches the same weekend students were moving in on campus at the local university. Needless to say, the whole town was booked--except Econo Lodge. I reluctantly pulled up to the property, checked in and went to my room. There were a few sketchy people on the balcony above my room who were making me quite uncomfortable. I moved all my things from my car because I didn't feel they were safe out there. After about 2 hours, I was out of the place. I called the front desk and told them I didn't feel comfortable staying and wanted a refund. They gave it to me without question. I will commend them on that. As I left I saw about 15 other worker-type men near the pool who were staying at the hotel. A couple of them yelled at me as I walked past. Thank heavens I got out. I wouldn't have slept a minute that night.

I'm sure this place would have been okay had I been with family or my husband, but alone...no way....

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buna
Reviewed 14 January 2008

Check in your self.............and make sure you pay before you stay.
If not you will get a call at mid-night wanting you to come down to the office. My reservation was made with a credit card....so, I should have never gotten a call at that time of night. My card was going to be charged no matter what. This could have waited until the next day when turning in the keys.
At most hotels you pay when check out, not this one.
The over all stay was ok. The beds were hard, the room was not as clean as it should have been. I say room, the bathroom should have been cleaner. The tub had black markings in it. Use a little bleach and baking soda, it might take it out.
My over all on this particular hotel, we will NEVER stay there again, for the fact of a phone call that should have never happened.

• Liked — The lady during the day shift, gave me extra blankets and a pillow. She was very friendly.
  • Disliked — The phone call that should have never happened.
  • Stayed January 2008
Shreveport, LA
Reviewed 27 June 2006

I have stayed at the Econo-Lodge on and off for the past three years while working in the Nacogdoches area. The motel is "ok" for a cheap place to stay. The beds are not especially comfortable and the pillows are mostly flat. The rooms are basically clean but might find small bits of trash here and there. As with most cheap motels the towels are thin but clean. The pool is clean and well maintained. The continental breakfast is acceptable for a cheap motel-cereal, bananas, muffins, toast and oranje juice and coffee. The staff are very nice, polite and willing to correct any problems one may encounter. The biggest negative is a large number of construction workers etc. stay there regularly and can occasionally be loud. If you stay, insist on a room on the front, preferably on the north end. All in all, the motel is a decent place and for the price,an acceptable place to stay. PS the cable goes out when it rains!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business