“Good food, but...”

Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.navasotagrimeschamber.com/Community/Restaurants
Description: http://www.navasotagrimeschamber.com/Community/Restaurants
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I ordered a one-egg breakfast plate. Over-easy egg, toast, bacon were all perfectly cooked and delicious. My husband had the buffalo chicken salad and said it was good. Only complaint: things weren't quite spic-and-span clean. Communal salad dressing container was a bit sticky, bathroom seemed like it hadn't been seen a deep clean in a few weeks.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We travel Hwy 6 frequently, and decided to detour into Navasota to try something different for a late lunch. We are not likely to make that decision again.

The menu is limited, and the waitress made multiple trips back to the kitchen to see what items were still available. I settled for a hamburger, which I rarely order, but we needed to get back on the road.

One advice to anyone who stops here is to take in a calculator and run up your bill from the menu prices as the Filling Station is one of those places that will not present an itemized bill. We were instructed to approach a small dark closet-like alcove to pay out. The alcove was so dark, I could not see anyone in it until right in front of it. A money-changer in the dark pulled out a slip of paper and totaled our bill, without me being to see any of the line items. I really do not like that approach!

Earlier I had observed the money-changer walk out to a table that a waitress had cleared. The waitress had deliberately left the tip on the table. The money changer from the alcove strolled by the table, where she scoped up the tip and slid it into the back pocket of her jeans. Her movements were so fluid that I presume she had done that scoping many times in the past.

I am a retired engineer, but if I worked for Internal Revenue Service, I would be very interested in the bookkeeping at this establishment. An audit might find very minimal records of business transactions at this place.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

If you ever find yourself driving down 105 , I highly recommend the Filling Station. I really did like the food. It really did seem to be "local" kind of "farm to market" quality food. Prices were pretty decent, portions were excellent and they defintely have a good sense of humor. I particularly want to send a big shout of thanks to the manager there who was nice enouigh to work with my daughter who is a vegetarian to make something for her that she liked even though it wasn't on the menu. Too often, my daughter is kind of chastised and made fun of for being a vegetarian. But they were extememly nice and concerned about making her feel comfortable here. They seem to have live music sometimes. I would like to come back and listen soon. We had a chocolate peanut butter cupcake for dessert. It was the best

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Easy to get to from my downtown office. Especially like buffalo tenders, burgers and salads. Also great service provided with a smile!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Not as good as it used to be at least not for breakfast. Been there for dinner before and it was excellant.