“Exquisite!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Navasota B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This B&B is very elegant. It is luxurious, with beautiful amenities, Even the light fixtures and lamps are charming. The host is delightful and anxious to help. Breakfast was delicious. The bed was beautiful to look at, but so high that it is hard to get into--even for a tall person.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The Hubby and I needed a little get-a-way so I found this place and booked the Humphrey Bogart room, wow is it gorgeous a long with the rest of the home. Very eccletic and years and years of collecting Hollywood memorabilia. The pool was the best part, it was so refreshing and fun. The breakfast was amazing! We only stay in B&B's and have been to hundreds, Bogarts will definately go down in our top 10, usually we don't stay somewhere twice but we will be back for the Lauren Bacall room! What a romantic place! Lots of personal touches in the bathroom, very comfortable. If you are anywhere near Navasota-don't miss this place, it is a MUST!

Room Tip: Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart have private baths, Mae West Cottage has full kitchen and very pri...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rusk, Texas
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Stayed at Bogart's last night. Loved it! Beautiful mansions and gardens. Dwayne and his staff make you feel as if the place belongs to you! Very comfortable and uniquely decorated room, awesome breakfast...will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank dovewings0815
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed at this interesting bed and breakfast to attend the Texas Renassaince festival. The host is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good and plentiful although like many B&B's it was not available until 8 AM which is not convenient if you are an early riser like we are.
The mattress was good but the pillows were very hard. I actually bought one at Walmart the second night to get better sleep. Lighting in bedrooms not handy for reading. Electrical outlets to charge phone/etc. not easily accessible and very limited since this is an old house. This is actually made up of 2 houses and one has to go over next door for breakfast if in the one we stayed in.
A lot has been done as far as collecting paraphernalia related to movies for decoration and although not my taste, the over the top eclectic atmosphere is enjoyed by my daughter and son-in-law.
I would likely have rated this very good had I not stayed in so many great B&B's on my travels. I will say that it is probably the best thing in this area from what I saw.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paul N
houston
Reviewed 23 September 2012

When my wife and I were unable to find a room in the College Station area on football weekend, we luckily stumbled on to Bogart's Casa Blanca in nearby Navasota. Duane, the host/owner, is as charming and helpful as they come. Duana was completely accommodating and very friendly.
The movie theme rooms are unique and fun, and our room was comfortable. The two houses we saw (there are 3 side by side) were very pretty inside and out. The grounds were nice, and the breakfast was especially good (almost gormet like in style). The location is very near Highway 6, so it is easy to get to and find. Need to go to Bryan/College Station for a weekend game? Stay here instead of a hotel in Bryan.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gnordt
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

My wife and I recently spent a great evening in the "Humphrey Bogart" room at this B&B. It had been quite a while since we had stayed at anything but a hotel, and I've got to say the contrast was astounding. It brought out in my mind that hotels often are as impersonal as they are "minimalist" in nature, i.e., you are provided for quite well, but it's a business, not "a home". Bogart's Casa Blanca is different.

Whether its touring the ever interesting (ok, and a bit eccentric) houses or chatting with the wonderful host (who is followed everywhere outside by a heart-broken chicken), you feel welcome and at home. The bed was great and, the room decor incredible - complete with zebra skin rug and great leather recliners. What can I say - go there, you won't regret it!!!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dinka1
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed here while visiting the Texas Renaissance Festival, it's fairly close. We chose the room that could accommodate two couples, which is a separate apartment-like space. There are steep stairs to get up to get to the door, which didn't matter to us, but wasn't mentioned on the website, and could matter to others.

We stayed in the "Clark Gable" room. The living and dining areas we're nicely decorated and comfortable. The kitchen, however, was poorly appointed, not really updated *ever* from what I could tell, and included a "lovely" handwritten sign saying you could use the kitchen as long as you cleaned it up. ??? This is an almost $300.00 a night room, and I have to clean the kitchen if I use it? Not cool. The bathroom was in no better condition, having plywood, utilitarian shelving, no updates, cracked glass on the plywood "vanity", and a shower that could have used a thorough de-scaling. And non-matching towels. The towels don't really matter, I know, but really? The bedrooms were serviceable, and fairly well decorated. The beds were comfortable, not fabulous, but comfortable enough.

The breakfast was good, and the host was gracious enough to put together a tray for our suite-mates who didn't want to come down for breakfast. That was nice.

I did speak to the owner about the issues I had, and his response was that they usually rent the space we stayed in to families, and they liked it that way, more or less. Maybe they could be clearer that this is a "lesser" part of the property on the website, or when booking. He assured me the rest of the property is nicer, but that really doesn't do me any good, does it? Just know what you are getting if you decide to stay here.

Room Tip: I can't really recommend the Clark Gable room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank leylacheri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navasota
Best Western Inn Of Navasota
Comfort Inn & Suites Navasota
Best Western Plus College Station Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus College Statio...
#1 of 36 in College Station
Best Western Inn of Brenham
Coach Light Inn Brenham
Coach Light Inn Brenham
#3 of 11 in Brenham
EZ Travel Inn
EZ Travel Inn
#28 of 36 in College Station

Been to Bogart's Casa Blanca? Share your experiences!