“not worth the money” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Navasota
briggs, United States
“not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

The rooms weren't clean, the staff was very rude at night and there was nothing in the vending machines but diet soda. You cant swim in 100 degree weather but you can stay up all night outside drinking and partying loud. The reservations for our group were cancelled for some even though we made them weeks before. The night manager is creepy and inappropriate with the teen soccer girls. A/C didn't work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

vvvvvvk, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Navasota, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope this situation doesn't deter you from staying at our establishment again. Thank you for the input to let us know how we can better our establishment.

-Sincerely
Troy Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Navasota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

management was very unprofessional and uncaring over mistake made by their reservation staff. One parent and child were left without a room that they had reserved. Mother had to 'rent' roll away bed and stay with another parent and daughter had to share a bed with another girl in another room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope this does not deter you from staying at our establishment in the future. Please accept our deepest sorrow for the situation at hand but our gratitude for selecting us for your stay.

-Sincerely,
Troy Smith
Abilene, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I would have given this hotel a much better rate if I didn't have such a bad experience with their customer service. We stayed at their hotel a couple of weekends ago traveling to our next destination and I had called in the beginning of the week to book the room. While I was on the phone booking it, I told the lady I needed one room with one king size bed. I then asked if they had military discount and she said they gave 10%. Before we hung up the phone (Tuesday), she repeated "ok, I have you down for one room for tomorrow." I then had to correct her that it was for Friday. Then I asked how much the total would be and she said 89.99 +TAX. We got to the hotel around 1am and when we got into our room there were 2 double beds and we ended up being charged 112.00. We called up to the front desk and the guys attitude was like oh,well you are the one who booked 2 beds, Why would I when it is just my husband and I? We decided we would wait until the morning to talk to a manager. The manager wasn't in, so I explained to the girl at the desk what our issue was and left my name and phone number for the manager to contact me when she got in that day. The day almost ends and i called twice and they kept telling me the manager hadnt come in yet. I call the next day and she still hadnt come in but i was told they always inform the manager about the issues when she gets in. I was leaving on a cruise that day so i thought i would come back to a voicemail from the manager. Nope. I had to call again and talked to the manager, "who was never informed" about my problem. Then the manager tells me they don't give military discounts, only to AAA members, and that she couldn't give it to me. even though i was under the impression i was going to be recieving one. She told me the girl who was told me that was new and doesnt know anything. I told her I wanted a refund to at least the amount I was told I would be charged. All she refunded me back was 11.00, and didn't even bother to give me some kind of money back for the discount I thought I would be recieving. Like I said I would have rated them better because the room was nice, but customer service is a big deal to me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kaitlin A
vvvvvvk, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Navasota, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am sorry to hear about your experience with our hotel staff. I will properly remind the staff how to act professionally. At this Best Western, Superior Customer Care is our goal and I will take care of the discount we were supposed to give you. We hope you stay with us again and have a much better customer service experience.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Clean rooms and very comfortable beds Nice pool, although facing the access road Breakfast is included and has something for most Very friendly and attentive staff Net:net: very good value for the $$ Definitely would stay here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us. We hope you stay here again and have just as great of an experience or better.
San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great place to stay clean pool. it had a nice breakfast was really Good. used Handicap room for my son very nice and bathroom worked well for him very nice. we stayed thier to see the Texas park for history trip about Texas.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

vvvvvvk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Navasota, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Kilgore, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Best Western Inn in Navasota is a nice place to stay. While not real new, the Best Western is clean, updated and has a great staff. We were satisfied with the overall experience and if you are looking for comfort and cleanliness for a good price, I recommend the Best Western in Navasota.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

vvvvvvk, Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn of Navasota, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you in the near future

vvvvvk
League City, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked a room for my husband for a Saturday night. I thought the rate seemed high but he needed a room and from the reviews this hotel seemed liked the best option. The morning he was supposed to travel, he received word that there was a major problem at work and he needed to return home. He called the hotel immediately but was told that unless they could rent the room he would be charged the full amount and even if they did, he would still have to pay $20. Needless to say they charged him. When I called to complain I was informed that there was nothing they could do because it was "company policy". I complained about the high rate and was informed that they had increased the rate because it was 'parents weekend' at Texas A&M. The lady at the front desk actually said that they raise their rates for all big events, this time almost twice as much. She also promised she would have the manager call, that was three weeks ago, he still hasn't called. I also called corporate and was told there was nothing they could do that each hotel makes their own rules.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.