“Nothing fancy but did the trick” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TexInn Motel

TexInn Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in New Boston
“Nothing fancy but did the trick”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

It was exactly what the sign said out front....clean! The beds were comfortable. The pool was fun for the boys. Not a fancy breakfast but enough to get us on the road. We didn't have any problem with outside noise. Was lucky I brought my own hair blow dryer. Good place to stop if your just passing through.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Amy D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

We ended up staying 5 nights out of necessity so we over looked a few things; the toilet bowl was nasty, the water smelled like mold, the pool was full of dead things, and there were roaches in the room.On the last full day of our stay when we got back from taking care of business we found that our room had not been cleaned,and a do-not-disturb sign had been placed in the door. We took the sign that came with the room with us when we had left for the day, so I know for a fact we had not left it in the door. I complained to the girl working, and she said she would let the manager know. The next morning I went to the office to turn in the room keys. The manager was there and I talked with him about the problem. He more or less called me a liar, because in his opinion since the room had been clean (straightened) the other days of our stay and the maid had written down in the cleaning book that the room had not been cleaned due to the tag in the door, it made it so. That's what he told me. I challenged his reasoning. The next thing I knew he was calling me a racist and threatened to call the police, Because when I stated that "your people" put a different "do-not-disturb" sign in the door he got upset. Any body who works under a manager in a sense are the manager's people. In my opinion this guy just didn't like women and didn't like loosing a disagreement. Plus he was rude and arrogant. We took our time packing the car to leave but the police never came.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank avdudley

Travellers are raving about these New Boston hotels

Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

This was not worth the 70 dollars I paid. The toilet was in need of repair, the room smelled of animal urine covered up with carpet cleaner. I didnt even feel comfortable leaving my dirty clothes on the floor. The shower spray was just enough to get you wet. There was no coffee available after breafast hours, there was no morning staff, office was closed and only cleaning crews to voice any concerns too and a sign at the front desk that said you only had 5 minutes from checkin to ask for a refund and only after the hotel inspected the room would it consider giving you a refund...I booked this room from the interenet and used there pictures as a guide and even though they were the rooms the pictures on the internet were glorified to make the rooms look inviting. The only pro i can give is the bed was comfortable but not worth a seventy dollar stay...keep on looking dont check in here.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
8 Thank kansas_travelerdj
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

We stopped here last one night on our way north. The price was right, $61, so we asked for a non smoking room, paid, got our key and headed to our room. It was near midnight and we were dead tired. Our plan was to sleep for 7 or 8 hours, get up and keep driving, so we really didn't need much for accommodations.

When we got to the room, the smell hit us. It was a hot, nasty smell that was a mix of stale cigarettes with an overbearing odor of way to much room deodorizer that must have been an attempt to kill the cigarette smell. The built up heat in the room didn't help at all.

On top of that, the room was very small, had cracks in the ceiling, and had an overall "gross" character.

We went back to the desk and asked for our money back. Ignoring that they said they'd be happy to show us another room. I said, no, we decided we went to go somewhere else. She said she had to check out the room first and get back to us. Upon returning, she said that the reason for the smell was that the water heater broke and thanked me for bringing it to their attention. She said if we'd consider another room they could offer us a substantial discount and give it too us for $58.75. First off all, that's not a substantial discount. Second of all, the smell was NOT due to a water heater. I was not interested in looking at another room but she kept insisting. Finally I won out and was given a credit.

I will not be returning to this motel or any other motel in this chain.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank 7lenny7
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2009

I stayed at the Tex Inn, in Oct 2009 while traveling on business. I usually stay in Texarkana, but the road work there caused traffic back ups, and I just drove on. I pulled off to the Tex Inn on a whim because it was close to the interstate.

The next day when I stopped for gas, I noticed that my money clip was missing. I had left it in the room along with some cash and valuable papers. Guess what, it was turned in by the cleaning staff with all the money intact. Not only that, but they refused to take a reward that I offered ! Honest people are a wonderful thing to find and I'll be staying here from now on. Great people and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank KenIn
Traveler
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2008

I really didn't have very high expectations for this property prior to my arrival.
At $54.95 (including tax) I would have to say this is priced about right.
The room was nothing special but it was clean and the bed slept pretty good. The rooms are a decent size too. The breakfast was adequate.
One thing that I was pleasantly surprised by was that they have several movie channels available. Not just the usual HBO. They also had an Indian channel with English subtitles. It was interesting as a curiosity.
According to the internet there are several motels in the area and this may not be everyone's cup of tea. But, at this price and with the variety of channels available I personally didn't mind it.

• Liked — The variety of channels available on the TV
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Ozcfied
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#2 of 19 in Texarkana
Fairfield Inn & Suites Texarkana

Been to TexInn Motel? Share your experiences!