“Quiet location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Boston
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This Holiday Inn was very clean and modern. the location was located next to the freeway but you couldn't hear the Interstate noise at all. The front desk clerk was very young and a little flighty, but the only real negative was the lack of restaurants in the area.
The beds were very comfortable and of course we had the signature hot breakfast the next morning which is always appreciated. the breakfast area Hostess was so very helpful to my Stepdad who is elderly and blind but still likes to do things on his own, he responded well to her caring kindness.
Ok, now to the very clean beautifully appointed bathroom... the counter heights are built for very tall people. the depth to the actual sink was laughable, I couldn't reach the sink! but neither could my Mom.
This is a good quiet alternative to the bustle of Texarkana and the prices were $20 less than the same brand of hotel in Texarkana. next time I will try the Mexican restaurant right next door to the motel. yes, I did say next time!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
terrimay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

I would like to thank for choosing to stay with us during your visit to New Boston. We are always glad to receive guest reviews of our staff doing amazing jobs and also where our attention needs to be brought. We take all of our guest concerns very seriously and strive to ensure guest are comfortable and happy during their time at our hotel. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Having stayed here before, I expected, and got, a very good room at a fair price. The only negative was the pool. It was not as clean as it could have been, with bugs floating on the surface and dirt and leaves in the bottom. While not a pool expert, it appeared to me as if the filtration system was not operating. Everything else was outstanding, including the breakfast, condition of the room, staff, and other in-room amenities.

Room Tip: If you don't mind using and/or waiting for the elevator, the 3rd floor rooms on the I-30 side ha...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Cecil B
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Consider this as an alternative to staying in Texarkana if you don't need the amenities of the city, and if you'd prefer to avoid the more complicated and congested on/off ramps and intersections. In my recent experience, the Intercontinental family in general, and Holiday Inn express specifically are really on top of their game. This is a lovely property, with welcoming, well-manicured drive-up, and clean, inviting and well-lit interior. There are a couple of less expensive, no-name spots to stay at this exit, but driving a daughter home from school, I wanted something nicer, and with very well-lit parking right outside the front door, rather than around the side or back.

This hotel follows the recent trend of setting properties back off of the (two-way) freeway service road, not only adding drive-up appeal, but also reducing exposure to highway noise.

My only complaint is that at one in the morning, with no other two-bed rooms available, why not offer a complimentary upgrade to a suite for the price of two queens instead of charging top dollar? That being said, the suite would be great for familes, with two queen beds, a conversation area off to the side with a double sofa-bed and ceiling fan, plus refrigerator, microwave, large flat-screen TV, and a beautiful bathroom vanity made to look like vintage furniture.

The complimentary breakfast is the standard fare for this level of accommodation - nothing earth-shaking, but a couple of hot dishes included, and served in a prettier-than-average room just off the lobby. There is also a limited snack window just around the corner from the front desk. A small pool is nothing to write home about, but will appease kids after a long day's drive.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My experience in the last few years has been that Holiday Inn brands in general, and Holiday Inn Express in particular, are really walking the walk. This property is no exception. Set far enough back off of the service road to neutralize freeway noise, it has great drive up appeal, looking crisp, clean, colorful, and well-manicured. Most parking is in front of the main entrance, and the area is well lit. The lobby is also bright and appealing. Everything seems immaculately clean. Our double-queen suite would be great for a family: two queen beds and a sitting area with ceiling fan and sofa which converts to a double bed. A refrigerator and microwave is especially nice for longer stays. Lovely bathroom vanity looks like antique furniture.

The complimentary breakfast is perfunctory but filling, and includes a couple of hot items. It's served in a nice room more attractive than one normally encounters. There's a limited variety of snack items for sale at a window in the hallway around the corner from the front desk, and a small pool - nothing much, but good for those needing to reward the kids with a dip after a day on the road.

My only beef: at 1 a.m., when the only two-bedding room remaining is a suite, give it up for the price of a double!

Consider staying here rather than nearby Texarkana if you don't need the amenities - or the traffic and more complicated freeway exits - of a city. There are also a couple of earthier motel choices at the New Boston exit, if you're truly on a tight budget.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was our third time to stay at this property but this is my first review. We were there for my aunt's funeral. The staff has always been friendly and the rooms are always clean. Several other family members stayed here as well. My family enjoyed the breakfast but was disappointed that the waffle maker was replaced by a pancake maker. The hot water dispenser was an appreciated addition since our last stay.
The only complaint I have is that there was a problem with the ceiling fan and light in our sitting area. It randomly went on and off. The light and fan going on in the middle of the night is not acceptable. When I reported this to the front desk I was told to just turn the switch off because a remote from another room was causing the problem. This feature is one of the reasons I choose this hotel. I asked that it be fixed and was reluctantly told it would be taken care of. It was not. so this is the reason I only give them 4 out of 5. I would have given them a 5 if not for this problem.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
terrimay, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you for expressing your concerns and issues with Holiday Inn Express and Suites New Boston, TX. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Terri May, GM

Reviewed 25 March 2013

This is my third night of a three-night stay at this hotel and I could not be happier with my choice. I almost didn't stay here because the reviewer below, Lori D, said the beds were as hard as a park bench. As far as I am concerned, she is not a serious person and shouldn't be allowed to misrepresent this hotel - but it is her opinion. My wife and I prefer hotels with soft mattresses, such as Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Marriott, W Hotels, Fairfield Inn, etc. The mattresses at this hotel are just as good. We sleep on a Simmons Beautyrest World Class Corita Pillowtop at home, which is rated an 8.5 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being a bare floor and 10 a cloud. I have been sleeping 9-10 hours a night in this hotel, and sleeping really deep.
This hotel has a great breakfast, with pancakes, sausage or bacon, scrambled eggs, etc. The rooms are quiet and really clean. If I had one complaint, it would be that the front desk smells a little like indian food, and I don't know if that is the cause of the scent, but it wouldn't hurt for them to be aware of the slight odor, which my wife did not even notice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We were on the road from Dallas to Nashville and my friend got sick! We actually checked in at 5:30 a.m. and checked out a around 5:30 p.m. They only charged for one night! Very friendly and helpful staff! The hotel was exceptionally clean! They had everything we needed to make our brief stay as comfortable as possible!! The rate was reasonable. The breakfast buffet was fresh and tasty as always at Holiday Inn Express! I would highly recommend a weekend visit!! Very nice facility!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
terrimay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites during your recent visit to New Boston, TX. We truly appreciate your business and want you to know that your opinion means everything to us! We strive to create an extraordinary experience for our guests and appreciate your feedback. Thanks again and come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Boston
Candlewood Suites Texarkana
Candlewood Suites Texarkana
#10 of 19 in Texarkana
Fairfield Inn & Suites Texarkana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Boston? Share your experiences!