“Great motel, very clean!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in New Braunfels
Houston, TX
“Great motel, very clean!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the sleep Inn and suites over Thanksgiving. The hotel was sold out yet it was still very quiet. I've stayed in several motels in new Braunfels and I cannot believe how clean this one was! I had a king room and it was spacious and comfortable. The sheets were soft and it had a down comforter type of blanket plus a quilt. The pillows were small but they gave you a lot so that made up for it. The three employees that I interacted with were all very nice and seemed genuinely happy to be there. The breakfast had a lot of variety to choose from. I will definitely be staying at this motel again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank mytravels68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed the night at the Sleep Inn recently during the Gruene Food and Wine Fest. I was lucky to get a room, because I believe they sold out. I normally stay at the Courtyard Marriott because I love, love the outside patio and riverfront. However, we were not going to stay too long so I went by price and reviews.

This was a perfect location, very close to everything in the area. I am disappointed I didn't look into it, because a shuttle for the event had a whole route right along the strip of hotels in the area. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. The staff was very nice and helpful and the free breakfast was great.

There are no 4 star hotels in New Braunfels, but this place comes close in terms of service, cleanliness and overall experience. I highly recommend the Sleep Inn and actually already have reservations to stay there again in December.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah M
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We found the place to be friendly and clean. Staff was very helpful. We probably won't stay at Sleep Inn again because of the principle of this manager's $10 "Incidental Charge". The night desk clerk told me, when I inquired about it, that it was in case we stole or broke something. I do not like the idea that this is the opinion that this manager had of his cliental before I even entered the room. We are Platinum members at two other large hotel chains, but I decided to give this Sleep Inn a try because of the Trip Advisor rating, but I don't plan on returning.

Room Tip: If traveling on a Friday night during football season, ask for a room in the rear. We could hear th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank texan54
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. While I appreciate your comments that our hotel was clean and friendly, I am dismayed that you were disappointed with your overall stay because of the incidentals hold on your credit card.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations regarding the incidentals hold. While this is not a charge to you, our policy is simply to place a hold on your card in case you use any amenities that may require a charge to your account. These include items such as long distance calls, fax service, or dry cleaning services. If none of these amenities are used, then this nominal hold is released back on your card when you check out.

We value and hold our clientele in high regard as we are in the hospitality business. Our guests are our greatest asset, and we strive to make sure your stay is a pleasant. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

clean room, nicely furnished, friendly staff, but wifi was too weak to use and breakfast was poor
wifi is important to me and I am willing to pay for it as long as it is a good reliable signal
this wifi was too weak to connect or too weak to maintain connection for more than a minute or 2

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor! We certainly appreciate it, as all feedback helps us strive to make your stay a pleasant one.

I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and furnished to your liking, and that our staff was friendly. However, I would like to apologize about the WIFI connectivity issues that you encountered. I have called our techincal support company to determine any weak coverage spots or other WIFI issues that need to be fixed.

I know that during your next stay with us that our internet will be working as you expect it to!

Thank you, and see you on your next visit to New Braunfels!

League City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Registered via computer with no problem. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great hotel and room. Super clean and comfortable. Can't beat the value of this very nice hotel, conveniently located just off I-35 and TX 46.

Room Tip: all rooms are good, but reception will accommodate whatever your requirements.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for leaving such great review of our property! I am very happy to hear that your stay was a great one! I will definitely share it with our staff, and I know that they too will be happy to know that their hard work is recognized and appreciated.

Thank you again, and we will see you on your next visit to New Braunfels.

Cape Coral, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We travel OFTEN. We come across great hotels and just average hotels. This one fits closer to the average category.

The room was layout was great. We appreciated the space since we were traveling with our two children. The room was also clean!

The pool was tiny and crowded. Thankfully we spent two days at Schlitterbahn, so the kids' disappointment didn't last long.

The internet was horrible...better yet, it was non-existent most of the time. It took several phone calls to the front desk and an hour long conversation with their off-site "network person" to connect ONE of our laptops after he circumvented something in the system. Normally we aren't on the internet much when we travel, but my husband had a fantasy football draft on the evening of check in. Needless to say, he was in a total state of panic.

Speaking of the front desk...We were not impressed. I would say she was friendly enough, but she lied. She asked my husband to bring the laptop downstairs because she "couldn't leave the front desk for any reason except an emergency." Ok, fine. We TOTALLY understood that. Except for the two different occasions we encountered her outside just wandering around the building. Strange. Also, she called us and said there was a noise complaint and that the people below us couldn't sleep at SEVEN O'CLOCK!!! What in the world??? First off, our children are 10 and 6. I understand that they are NOT the quietest little people in the world, and they sometimes walk as quietly as a herd of wild buffalo. Strangely they were being QUIET and SITTING while putting together a puzzle when this call occurred. I mentioned this AND time to the lady at the front desk and she said "Well, we don't normally say anything until after 9!" Ok...so why did you?

Next time we'll try a different hotel in New Braunfels. We really are NOT picky people, but this place just didn't impress us. I just felt like we could do better for around the same money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a detailed review. As a consecutive Gold Award Winner, we pride ourselves on your service, cleanliness, and value. Consequently, I am disappointed that you were not completely happy with your stay.

I have already addressed the internet issue with our techincal support team. They have assured me that they will look into this matter. Also, I have addressed the front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to New Braunfels.

Houston Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Very brief, this was simply the cleanest, neatest-kept hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed quite a few places (see the reviews, LOL!).

I believe it was because this facility is pretty newly constructed, perhaps, or maybe the management is all over the cleaning and maintenance, but we didn't see, or spot when we actually noticed exactly how clean the place was, any, I mean any, of the usual detritus of many persons moving through a space. Not in the bathrooms, not in the hotel rooms themselves, nor in the hallways, elevators or common spaces. Spic & Span, everywhere!

Can't tell you about the eats, as we didn't, but the bed was comfy!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank AttorneyJohn
Thank you for taking the time for leaving a review of our hotel. I sincerely appreciate the kind words, and I will share them with our housekeeping staff. I know they will be overjoyed to know that their efforts are not going unnoticed!

We hope to see on your next visit to New Braunfels! Safe travels!