“Average hotel a little pricey for stay”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Hotel convenient if traveling from the North on IH35; traveling from south is a little tricker. Checkin should have been told about the safe fee since its a hidden fee. Breakfast was good, room was okay. Hotel was much more expensive on Saturday night than other nights. Good location.

Room Tip: make sure you tell them you didn't use the safe if you didn't.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! Your responses help us determine what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right.

I would like you to know that we disclose all fees upon check-in, including the safe fee. We don't want to surprise anyone with any unknown fees, as that can be aggravating for anyone. That is why we have you sign for it (and verbally notify you of it at that time) and have a placard of the fee on our registration desk. Please know that this fee is based on the "honor system," and we remove it if you ask us to any time during or after your stay. Also, please know that you did receive a great value at our hotel when you stayed with us. All hotels in New Braunfels typically have a different rate on the weekends than on the weekdays. Room rates, like airline tickets, are based demand and can vary based on many different factors. In fact our competitors typically are priced higher for less amenities on a regular basis. Consequently, we do offer an excellent value for the hotel and amenities we offer.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I hope to see you on your next visit to New Braunfels!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We were in New Braunfels for a wedding so the location was perfect, close to all of the necessary highways. It was very quiet, the hot water was almost instant. The breakfast was delicious w/Texas shaped waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, cold cereal, English muffins, etc. The only criticism I have is that there was no coffee supplies in the room when we checked in (a late arrival so did not know that until the next morning) and, as others have said, the very small pillows on the bed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I would like to thank you for leaving great comments of our hotel! I will share them with our staff; I know that they will be happy to hear that their efforts are being recognized!

I would like to apologize about the in-room coffee. We typically provide regular and decaf coffee in all rooms, and it is available at the front desk as well. I myself am a coffee drinker, so I know how important this is! Also, please know that we will be changing our pillows soon.

Again, thank you for your kind words. I hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights, the check in staff was very friendly and helpful. Gave us a map and directions on popular local hang outs. The room was very clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was delicious: Make your own Texas Waffle, eggs, sausage. I would stay again. All staff was very friendly.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

JTrooper,

Thank you for leaving such nice comments of your stay! I am very happy that our staff made your stay a pleasant one, and that our amenities beat your expectations!

I hope to see on your next trip to New Braunfels!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a very great location to all area attractions. Check in is a 3 however, they were able to take us 2 hours early. Room was clean and smelled nice. Free breakfast was great! Nice variety for free breakfast. Bathroom was nice size did not feel like I was in a box. As I saw in one other review, I would love to give a 5 star rating however, I just cannot get over the odd pillows on the bed. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were nice but, the pillows the size of a decorative pillow simply do not work. I would however book this room again if traveling in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We decided to position ourselves in New Braunfels for easy access to the Hill Country, the Texas Barbeque trail, San Marcos outlet shopping and Gruene. Sleep Inn and Suites was a great find. Although it is off the service road of the I-35 the room was very quiet. The room was large with an added sofa sitting area. The whole place was immaculate and the breakfast had everything you might want including eggs, sausage patties and Texas waffles. It has easy access to all sights and amenities. Well done.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rkmaretzki
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Clean facility with nice rooms and great staff. Everything seemed new and well kept. We were not expecting much, but were immediately greeted warmly by the staff and the closer we looked, the better we felt about this hotel. Breakfast was good, location was convenient. We hope to stay there again. Thanks!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank buckntrish
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This is an exceptional Inn.
The evening staff was very nice.
The rooms were clean and fresh smelling! No dog, cat, or smoking odors!! It was refreshing to know that I didn't have to deal with allergy irritants. I would recommend this Inn to everyone. We stayed there three nights and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Mrbmcb
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff took great care of you and your family, and that the rooms were clean!

I hope to see you on your next visit to New Braunfels!