“Good Room, Bad Beds”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in New Braunfels
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had to call the hotel to get directions because for some reason their address does not show up on GPS. It's easy on, easy off on I-35 and was about a 10 min or less drive to Schlitterbahn. Room and bathroom are spacious, clean and in good condition. The restroom is large with lots of counter space. The beds, however, are uncomfortable, and one of the beds was sagging in the middle. We asked desk clerk if they could change it out. When we got back the mattress that was replaced was also sagging. My husband spoke to manager after we checked out but he said that there was nothing he could do and did not offer a discount or anything. The breakfast was well stocked and had hot eggs and sausage. It would have been a good stay if it wasn't for the beds, although it was a bit overpriced, even for the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor! I am sorry that you had issues locating our hotel on your GPS, but you are correct--we are located right off of southbound I-35 Exit 189. I am ecstatic that you found our hotel to your liking! My staff and I work very hard to make sure that every aspect of your stay is an enjoyable one!

However, I am disappointed that you found our beds to be uncomfortable. I personally made sure that we changed the mattress that you told us about. We use Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses, and they are known for their quality.

I do hope that you do give us another chance on your next visit to New Braunfels! I know you will not be disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our stay was much less than pleasurable!!! First of all we were stay there with friends that has 2 other rooms and all the rooms had Huge black beetles and earwigs in them!!!
Which I was bitten in the middle of the night by the earwig to have my had swell and blister! Secondly the mattresses were terribly uncomfortable and the maids woke us up at 8:15 am to clean! Which then we went to breakfast at 9:25 ( which ends at 9:30). She couldn't clean it up fast enough!!! Literally taking things away right in front of us so we couldn't get juice waffles ect. I mean really couldn't they wait till we got through the line? Also when my daughter went up to the desk to tell the clerk about a complaint about the bugs she was told that he is the only one there and can not leave the desk it will have to wait till morning!
Needless to say I do not recommend this Hotel!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wen3304
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve our service and quality so that all of our guests are able to enjoy their stay with us.

As a consecutive 5 time Gold-Award Winner with Choice Hotels and a multiple TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner, we strive to make every stay a pleasurable one for our guests. Please know that black beetles have been a common issue with our area during periods of heavy rain (which our area has gotten a lot of lately). They have been problematic for virtually every business and residence here. We have been working diligently with our pest control company to make sure that they do not enter the inside of our hotel. Also, our breakfast does end at 9:30AM, but we make sure anyone who arrives in our breakfast area before that does get to eat our Morning Medley Hot Breakfast.

I will make sure to reiterate and retrain our staff to address the issues that you encountered. We value your business, and we would be honored if you would give us the opportunity to provide accommodations again so that we can show you the service and quality that we are known for.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We arrived early and were turned away and told we couldn't check in until the exact time...3:00 PM and there was no place to store our luggage until that time so we had to go to Schlitterbahn, unload the car to get to the ice chest and reload the car and repeat at the end of the day. When we got to our room, the air wasn't on, so the room was hot. The bathroom didn't look like it had been cleaned, there was a beer bottle cap on the chair, a cookie, dirty ear plug and candy on the floor. The worst part was the bed. The mattress was so bad that I slept in the bathtub part of the night. We only stayed one night because the bed was so miserable I couldn't have stayed again. While checking out, I explained the issues to Katy, who was very helpful and gave us a 10% discount, but the room wasn't worth paying for. Also the fridge door didn't close well and the freezer was iced up. They did offer a good breakfast.

Room Tip: Not worth the money. From now on, before I unpack, I'll check for housekeeping isssues and chec...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Butler5658
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We always appreicate any feedback, good or bad. I would like to apologize for the issues that you encountered during your stay.

As a consecutive 5 time Gold-Award Winner with Choice Hotels, we always want to make sure our guests have the most enjoyable stay possible. I would like you to know that our check-in time is 3:00PM. We do our best to check in guests before that time, but it may not always be possible. I have also spoken to our Housekeeping Supervisors to ensure that the cleanliness issues you mentioned are addressed, and she extend her sincerest apologies to you and assures me that it would not be an issue again.

We would be honored if you would give us the opportunity to provide accommodations again so that we can show you the service and quality that we are known for.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The rooms are clean, fairly large and beds were comfortable. The Pool was nice, warm and clean. There was a migration of the Texas Beetle taking place during our stay but they were definitely taking care of the problem. There were none in the hotel just out on the perimeter. The breakfast had the usual offerings such as eggs, sausage, juice, toast, muffins. It was well maintained. Hotel location is awesome! Short drive to San Marcos, lots if big box stores, Schlitterbaun and Groene! Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Ijustluv2travel

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am elated that enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your comments with my staff; I am certain they too will be excited that your experience with us was a great one.

My apologies regarding the beetles invasion, but it is common in this area of Texas after heavy rains. Most area businesses have been inundated by them. We try diligently to make sure that they do not migrate inside of our hotel.

I hope to see you on your next visit to our lovely area!

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Very busy. Breakfast is pure chaos. Nice, large rooms. Nice pool. Great location for Schlitterbahn. The reason we aren't giving a higher rating is because we weren't recognized at a Platinum Member and the breakfast set up is awful and makes me want to avoid downstairs in the morning.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Luci E
GMSleepInnNB, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I wanted to thank you for leaving a review of our hotel. Reviews such as yours helps us determine what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong. I am very glad that you liked our rooms and pool area. I want to apologize for not getting recognized as a Platinum member. You are our loyal guest and should have been recognized as such. I also want to apologize regarding our breakfast area. We have one of the largest breakfast areas in the city for a limited service hotel, but on certain days in the summer season it can get a bit crowded. We do recommend that our guests use the lobby area for additional seating when this occurs.

Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered. I do hope that you will choose us for your next stay in New Braunfels so that we can show you how your comments have made a difference!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This property is certainly no Four Seasons. But for a family on a budget it's hard to beat. Friendly staff. Clean rooms and affordable rates minutes from the area attractions. One thing to watch for is there is a daily safe charge unless you tell them you didn't use it. It's an honor system, but don't really get the charge. But we'd stay there again for sure.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FromFortWorth

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We strive to provide the highest level of quality and service, and am thankful that you recognize that!

See you on your next visit to New Braunfels!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Booked online the same day (Monday nite) at $89 for a king bed. It was a decent clean room and everything worked. Different pillow firmness options were provided. It was a slow night as far as people staying at the hotel (6 cars in the parking lot at 10pm) and didn't quite understand why someone was booked directly above our room making noise until midnight. Will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SouthernBoy2000

SouthernBoy2000,

I am elated that you enjoyed your stay with us! I truly appreciate you leaving such kind words--it shows that our efforts are not going unnoticed. I want to apologize about the noise from the room above you. We do stagger room assignments on slow days, but sometimes it is unavoidable to have someone above or adjacent to you. A quick call to our front desk will take care of any noise issues immediately.

Again, thank you for your generous comments. I hope to see you on your next visit to New Braunfels!